5.0 out of 5 stars A great ending to a great classic, 25 Sep 2012
Sarah A (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cardcaptor Sakura Omnibus Edition Book 4 (Cardcaptor Sakura Omnibus (Dark Horse)) (Paperback)
This is the final Cardcaptor Sakura omnibus, it contains volumes 10, 11 and 12 plus plenty of coloured pages all printed on amazing quality paper.

It's been over 12 years since CCS finished, it was my favourite anime as a child. I remember watching it while my brother complained that it was too girly and that he wanted to watch Dragonball Z. Don't get me wrong, DBZ was amazing but it never made me love the characters like CCS did.
Anyway, back to the point. I clearly remember the anime being different so reading this final volume was like a new story to me. And I have to say, I prefer the manga.
Reading this as an adult, I noticed things that I never noticed as a child, mainly the relationships. CLAMP are the type of people who say that age, gender and species doesn't matter when it comes to love. Love is love. And this story really shows us that.
I think this is a story that everyone can enjoy. I enjoyed it as a little girl and I know male adults who love it too, don't be put off by the pinkness and frills!

If you love the characters like I do, then I recommend reading Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle also by CLAMP. CLAMP like to reuse characters and so they appear in that story with characters from their other works too.

After completing it and putting it on my shelf next to the others, I noticed something that really annoyed me. Dark Horse have added their logo to the bottom of the spine making it look uneven and different to the previous volumes. They've done this with the second Magic Knight Rayearth omnibus and the third Gate 7 books too. For a collector, this is infuriating.
I'm tempted to remove a star for that but the content inside makes up for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Final Book!, 17 Dec 2013
Samantha Gebbie "Iron Sapphira" (Sheppey, England) - See all my reviews
I really loved the anitmated series and I wanted to know how it compared to its original manga.
I was not dissapointed. I have all 4 volumes and they are fabulous.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it love her, 15 Dec 2013
it was a brilliant read and is an awesome story, any die hard fans might have this book for it is the greatest manga ever

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 10 Oct 2013
had been looking for the forth vol. for awhile, art work and story s very good
would recommend for anyone who enjoyed the anime

5.0 out of 5 stars A sweet end to a great series, 1 Aug 2013
T. R. Alexander (East Anglia, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
With Yue now getting his magic from her brother, Sakura feels bad about how she wasn't aware of what was truly happening but with Eriol's plans coming to a head she still has a task to do and must complete the transformation of the Clow Cards into Sakura Cards. Meanwhile Sakura has some more emotional troubles to deal with and must finally decide who it is that she loves the most.

This fourth and final omnibus of the brilliant 'Cardcaptor Sakura' manga finishes the series with a further three volumes. The conclusion of the plot with Eriol is relatively nicely handled with some very interesting revelations about his past and his true intentions, while the final confrontation between him and Sakura was very good and is probably one of the best magical showdowns in the series. The series at this point also sees Sakura trying to deal with her feelings about the people who surround her and try to figure out who it is that she loves the most, in fact after the Eriol arc finishes, the entirety of the final third of the omnibus is taken up with Sakura trying to deal with her feelings. The omnibus has some very nice emotional moments throughout, as well as some nice humour (although not as much as some of the previous parts of the series)

As with the previous omnibus editions, the larger layout of this omnibus is very nice and allows for a full appreciation of CLAMPs artwork. Also included in the volume are the usual full colour pages that also beautifully show off the artwork.

'Cardcaptor Sakura' is a brilliant series with interesting magic, a reasonable plot, great artwork and some very nice emotional and humours moments throughout. This final omnibus is easily worth a full five stars and the same could be said for the series as a whole.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly captivating, 14 Aug 2014
I love the anime and I decided that these omnibuses would be a fantastic opportunity to experience the original at a reasonable price, and it's just fantastic, high quality, well printed and clean translation, the compilation also means it holds up better than a simple comic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Nov 2014
Good product. Best quality.