‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Buffy's back!, 29 Aug 2013
This review is from: Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 8 Library Edition Volume 1 HC (Hardcover)
I discovered through Big Bang Theory that Buffy continued life in a comic book! After finding this out I knew I had to find it being a massive fan of the show.
This book is VERY tall and VERY thick. It is beautifully presented and the artwork is amazing. The story is really engaging and has the same humour as the TV show. Can't recommend enough if ur a Buffy fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 1 April 2013
So impressed with the great value for money you get with this big hard covered book. Son who loves all thing Buffy loved it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny., 18 July 2012
This book is simply stunning. I held off buying the comics for economic and storage reasons and boy am I glad I waited for this.

This hardback book is beautiful. The quality is excellent. The artists chosen to depict the Buffyverse got it spot on in their own styles. I was utterly absorbed in the artwork from the front cover (a surprise pop-art style profile of Buffy) to the notes at the end. I devoured the story and have been looking back through the book with glee, drinking in everything over again.

If you are considering whether to buy this or not, don't hesitate, it is a worthy addition to any collection, and I can't wait for book 2. As for the price, I would happily have paid double and still thought it worth it!

In Whedon we trust!

4.0 out of 5 stars rewatched the series how many times?, 7 May 2014
I like some graphic novels and I like the Buffy series a lot. I have rewatched the box set so many times and then seeing this on Amazon I thought it has to be worth a go. The hardback book is pretty impressive with the first 10 issues on thick paper, and 3 more books make the full collection of 4. Not a criticism but personally I wish the book was a little smaller, its just so big.

I have opted for the 4 star "I like it", and I read it all through quite quickly and then the next morning started again, so it was certainly enjoyable. Much like the series itself it is a guilty pleasure, it is not on a par with (what I consider) the best of the graphic novels (Alan Moore, Brian Talbot etc), but then like the TV series it is something you can just relax with an enjoy.

I did initially think to myself that I would not rush to buy volumes 2 to 4, but as I write this I think I am changing my mind and I will try to pick them up when I can afford them.

4.0 out of 5 stars very high quality, 6 May 2014
Lovely high quality bound versions of the comics; these are definitely show-pieces for your bookcase, and a pleasure to read; I can definitely recommend these versions over the individual comics or other bindings.

I'm not really sold on the story; it's not grabbed me the same way that the TV show did, and at times it feels like they're just doing things for the sake of it, given that there's no SFX budget constraints, rather than for any valid story reason (Dawn's arc, in particular, feels completely unnecessary and silly). I understand that season 9 settles down a bit, given which I'm happy to own and read these first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buffy Beautiful, 6 Mar 2014
Beautiful book, to be treasured, great stories and artwork - will be getting other volumes to complete collection - highly recommended for Buffy fans - find out what happens to your favourite characters

5.0 out of 5 stars I really liked this. Superb Buffy <3, 27 Nov 2013
Buffy the show was awesome, that is true.

The comic is just as awesome. Art is nice and vivid, and drawn very well, a lot of the time the characters look how they should and closely resemble the actors which is great, the dialog is hilarious, witty , and dramatic when necessary.

must buy, Oh and they are freaking huge which is a bonus, so much content (drools)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 10 Oct 2013
Didn't even realise until now that they finally bought it out in just comic form! great read. Got to say.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for buffy fans, 9 Sep 2013
This is so, so good - really really well written - it just comes alive as you're reading it. The art is sometimes a little patchy, but the words never let you down.

5.0 out of 5 stars If your going to read Buffy Season 8, then this is the way to do it, 8 May 2013
I was actually blown away but the quality of this book. The size is brilliant, the paper is excellent quality. The extra material at the back is nice. For the price that its at, this is such a bargain. The story itself is also excellent

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›