5.0 out of 5 stars Love the book but!!!!!!, 29 April 2013
This review is from: Grandville Mon Amour (Hardcover)
I love this book however this was not the book that arrived, I am waiting for this to be sorted out, I now have two copies of the original Grandville, I could not bring myself to put one star on MrTalbot's exceptional work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely superb!, 14 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Grandville Mon Amour (Hardcover)
Wonderful illustrations - Great present for my other half who loves the artwork of this writer!
All at a fantastic price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deja Vu, 4 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Grandville Mon Amour (Hardcover)
I really enjoyed the first book and to say this this second instalment brings more of the same is no criticism. The artwork and pace of the story are equally stunning and I was personally pleased to find less of the unsubtle (and unnecessary) political allegory.

The hero and his sidekick rise far enough above the clichéd cop kicked out the force to act on his own plot device to be engaging. He also has a soft spot for hookers, but while that might be a very familiar idea, few detectives are barrel chested badgers with a rat for a side kick.

The artwork is frequently stunning but never intrusive. In fact, the story goes at such a pace I found myself going back to take in the drawings and give them the time they deserved. The attention to detail is both admirable and engaging with many panels having the power to linger in the memory like classic movie scenes that would be minutes long to achieve the same resonance.

I could not escape the notion that Grandville will end up as a movie and that would be a fair reward for the author and artist, but do yourself a favour and read the books first. I gather there are to be further adventures for Inspector LeBrock and personally I can't wait.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Graphic Novel - Bought his as a new one ..., 9 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Grandville Mon Amour (Hardcover)
Great Graphic Novel - Bought his as a new one for the hubby to read. He loved it, will now be buying the rest of the issues.

Grandville Mon Amour
Grandville Mon Amour by Bryan Talbot (Hardcover - 23 Nov. 2010)