5.0 out of 5 stars Why did I buy any of the other book?
Published 17 months ago by M. Corrie

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring
This book bored the head of me. Its all text, black and white photos and he can spend over 40 pages talking about small towns that have a 'museum' or a bridge. I'm still waiting to take my first route 66 trip and I think the best way to do it is unprepared and unplanned, I learned my lesson. I'd say if you are looking for a route 66 planner and you have never been, get...
Published on 10 July 2008 by Mr. J. HIGGINS

5.0 out of 5 stars Why did I buy any of the other book?, 13 Jun 2013
M. Corrie (UK - Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Route 66 Adventure Handbook (Paperback)
Currently planning our route 66 trip and this book so far has been super helpful. Not sure why I bought a couple of the other books. So far I have used it to plan the first part of our trip Illinois to Missouri and I will be using to help plan the rest of our trip. Full of helpful in sites and quirky attractions, also it was updated in 2012 which again is great for more relevant information. Unlike other books that haven't been updated in 10+ years. At least we have a fighting chance of finding some of the more obscure roads and attractions.

Really recommend this book 11/10

5.0 out of 5 stars The only book you need for a road trip along Route 66, 8 Dec 2013
This review is from: Route 66 Adventure Handbook (Paperback)
This book guides you all the way along Route 66. It is not designed to tell you about the landmarks from your armchair at home, it is designed to read as you travel. My husband drove and I pointed out the interesting places and historical facts which I was reading about as we went along. Without this book we would never have eaten at Ollie's Station Restaurant or seen the Eldridge Cemetery. It contains photos taken by the author from when he first made the trip many years ago and it was a joy to take my own photos from the same perspective and see how the places have changed.

Buy the book, make the trip and you'll be hooked on Route 66. Go and see the Gateway Arch, the Painted Desert, the Meteor Crater, the Worlds Largest Rocking Chair, Elmer's Bottle Tree Ranch, The Big Texan Steak Ranch, Cadillac Ranch, the Meramec Caverns, the Worlds Largest Totem Pole, the Grand Canyon, the Midpoint Cafe, the Chain of Rocks Bridge, the Bonebrake Hardware Museum ....I could go on. This book will get you from place to place and ensure you understand what you're seeing when you get there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yorkshire Rick, 17 Feb 2012
Great for the roadtrip. Lots of interesting stuff to see and do. Only problem worth mentioning is the driving directions are a little out of date, but this is true of any guide book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic Guide! Worth every penny!, 24 July 2014
This review is from: Route 66 Adventure Handbook (Paperback)
If your driving Route 66 then this handbook it what you need. Having just returned from the US, this book gave us valuable information. If you get it a few months before you go, read through it and mark everything you want to see. The book guides you through each step of Route 66, but if you plan to bypass some of the Route, the this book gives you everything you need to be able to see when and where you may want to rejoin the route.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for Route 66!, 13 Aug 2014
This review is from: Route 66 Adventure Handbook (Paperback)
A must for visiting Route 66 - made our adventure even more enjoyable than could be imagined. Good quality maps and excellent advice on must see aspects of any Route 66 holiday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super book, 29 Jan 2014
This review is from: Route 66 Adventure Handbook (Paperback)
We are planning our own Route 66 experience and this book goes into every details of all the places we might drive through, with what to lookout for, history and ideas for places to eat. Excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars very useful, 9 May 2013
Great attention to detail but at times too wordy! I also used other guides as a back up, and for more information

5.0 out of 5 stars just the job!, 28 Mar 2013
M. C. Digby "Mark" (East Anglia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Route 66 Adventure Handbook (Paperback)
First class comprehensive coverage of the route plus. Various alternative routes covered and best one to have in the car as you travel.

4.0 out of 5 stars Informative and easygoing..., 16 Nov 2008
Mr. R. Parr "Navidson" (Runcorn, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this bought last year before embarking on a tour of Route 66 - Found it a useful companion along the way - Detailing many of the smaller, more subtle aspects of the mother road. Has useful Town by Town breakdowns and good recommendations on hotels, restaurants, bars etc

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Aug 2014
This review is from: Route 66 Adventure Handbook (Paperback)
A great read and lots of pictures - black and white though. Really useful book and easy to read.

Route 66 Adventure Handbook
Route 66 Adventure Handbook by Drew Knowles (Paperback - 16 Feb 2012)