on 13 March 2012
This has become a family saying (filling or emptying someone's bucket) and is a simple way to help kids understand how their behavior affects others and themselves. Our 3 year-old loves it but it's a bit too simple for our 6 year-old. Wish I'd heard about it earlier!
on 28 February 2014
My 4 & 6 year old love this book and we often refer to the term 'fill your bucket' as a quick reference of being considerate and thoughtful to others. It's illustrations are charming and the story is basic enough for all ages to understand - including adults!!
on 4 December 2010
Great Book,

all 3 children enjoyed reading it - 6,8 and 10 and even as an adult it leaves you thinking
thoroughly recommend.
on 11 November 2013
lovely story to reinforce out emotional lit in class.The children enjoyed it and the story helped put things into a context.
on 17 October 2015
My kids and I really enjoy this book. It help explains a difficult concept to children. And, it helps me to get my little children to do things that they don't always want to do (e.g. help their little brother, skype with their grandparents, tidy their toys, etc.).
on 8 February 2016
This is a superb book and you need to get the others too that are part of this "Bucket Filling" project.. IT is the MOST IMPORTANT message not just for children but for all of us!!!
on 4 December 2013
I got my almost 4 years old boy to talk about his feeling after reading the book, he now like to express how he feel which is exactly what I was after. Great book ,would recommend
on 8 August 2010
I work with children who can have poor social skills and have difficulty in working with others, this book should help them to interpret how you can help others through your actions and how others actions can effect them.... Brilliant.
on 10 March 2016
Great story for early years and current year 4s that are simply unaware of how their behaviour affects others.
on 19 March 2015
Great book, perfect for helping children understand emotions and how everyone's behaviour impacts others