4.0 out of 5 stars It's a MANGA!
What the...?
I am a big Blizzard fan, especially of the Warcraft and Starcraft series. Therefore I've bought all the titles that have come out under these labels.
Published on 29 July 2005 by mr_nek

3.0 out of 5 stars When is a comic not a comic
With great anticipation I ordered all three "Books"of the Sunwell Trilogy, imagine my suprise when I opened the parcel and found comics! please someone tell me when is a comic not a comic!!! Apparently not in the Amazon universe.

Published on 19 Jan 2008 by Black Pearl

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a MANGA!, 29 July 2005
This review is from: Warcraft: v. 1 Dragon Hunt (Warcraft: Sunwell Trilogy) (Paperback)
What the...?
To my great surprise this is no book, it's a Manga! (A black&white comicbook for those unaware.) It uses some of the things from "World of Warcraft" as well as from other Knaak Warcraft books. It has a distinct Warcraft vibe and, although the characters still have to be explored, it is a fun book to read.
If you are a fan of Warcraft - buy this now.
If not - buy this when they have a bigger discount.

3.0 out of 5 stars When is a comic not a comic, 19 Jan 2008

I will say that these comics are well drawn, but I'm really, really disappointed as these should have been called "Grapic novels" then we would all know what we are getting for our money!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Romantic WoW Novel, 18 Mar 2013
This is a great graphic novel based in World of Warcraft, if you like dragons and fantasy this is a book for you. Covering the lost Sunwell of the Blood Elves, it is a beautiful love story of a dragon protecting a long girl from an evil corrupted elf. It is very gripping and hard to put down, and I keep on my book shelf to keep coming back to.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great art, basic story, 12 Feb 2009
T. R. Alexander (East Anglia, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Although I am not generally a Warcraft fan I was interested in seeing what this manga was like and although the artwork in the book is good, the story itself is sadly rather basic. In the book a young blue dragon called Kalec is ambushed by dragon hunters while on an important mission. After being wounded, Kalec is taken in by the beautiful but mysterious Anveena but the dragon hunters are still on his tale as well as another darker force.

As I have already stated the artwork in this book is very good, although some of the action scenes are rather brief and leaves something to be desired. The story is very short, basic and quite clichéd but I feel it did have some potential that was somewhat wasted. Whether or not the story improves in the future volumes remains to be seen but it could be quite interesting.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could've have been a lot better, 9 Sep 2007
Stoaty Fox "Keep Rockin' Baby!!!" (Batley, West Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This book could've have been better given the universe it is set in. The book for me felt a little too linear and not enough emphasis on the character development. It just felt it was moving from one place to another far too quickly.

When the book begins, we (the reader) are given an introduction to the Warcraft universe with what had happened in the first three games (Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness and Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos) with a brief history lesson for those who haven't followed the story. This, I found, was actually good to put in as it helps the reader get up to speed with the Warcraft Universe.

But after this, there's no solid pace to the actual plot itself. Sure, stuff happens and people get injured, but it feels uninspiring. It's like "Character A meets Character B who both go to Place A to meet Characters C & D. Characters A, B, C & D meet Villain A and his Henchmen" type of scenario, it's very generic. Even the characters themselves are typical fantasy types with dragons, undead, armour-clad male warriors and scantily-clad females. Given the diversity of the characters that can be created in Warcraft, I don't know why they went with the typical fantasy stereotypes.

Don't get me wrong, Jae-Hwan Kim's artwork is superb as he has got some real artistry skill with the characters he has drawn. But even so, it still doesn't help the book. The front cover shows the vibrance in the Warcraft universe with its use of colour whereas the pages themselves are shown in black and white, which, in my view, dulls the story and the feel of the Warcraft universe.

The book itself is not bad nor is it good, the characters and plot are not poor, but they're not inspired; they exist just to exist. For a universe like Warcraft, this book should have had the plot and character development padded out a lot more than what has been shown.

4.0 out of 5 stars Death to the Horde!, 19 Aug 2005
As an avid WoW player - I was over joyed to find at least 1 blizzard novel about WoW in my local bookshop. I bought it and read it twice in 1 day and have it in my bag to read when I have a few spare moments.
The plot is written quite weel and how the characters fit together is still unknown in the first book. The peasant girl who "saves" the lead character and journies with them hence forth till they are freed from a binding. and the quest to find the Sunwell - A new concept if you are a WoW fan and the Elves having Moonwell's.
I recomend this as a quick read of a book to keep handy on those slight downpours for UK summers :)

1.0 out of 5 stars WOW Dragon hunt (sunwell trilogy), 2 Jan 2010
Friends fan (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This was returned because it was a FULL COMIC STRIP BOOK, which was not stated in description when purchasing.

If you are purchasing for a youngster then it maybe OK.

Warcraft: v. 1 Dragon Hunt (Warcraft: Sunwell Trilogy)
Warcraft: v. 1 Dragon Hunt (Warcraft: Sunwell Trilogy) by Richard A. Knaak (Paperback - 15 Mar 2005)
Used & New from: 0.01