5.0 out of 5 stars Over the Speed Limit
Like so many books of this ilk, Steering by Starlight was brought to my attention at the perfect time.

I have not been able to put it down and am racing through it with great speed, whilst being motivated to actually complete the exercises for a change because they are straightforward and appealing.

I just know I am going to re-read it as soon as I...
Published on 8 May 2010 by Tolstoy

3.0 out of 5 stars Starlight
An ok book by martha beck.I bought this book after reading "finding your own north star" by the same author.I would say it's not as strong as north star and would recommend that if you are looking for help and direction in your life then that is the book to read.Steering by Starlight does not get you where you need to go.
Published on 12 May 2011 by Velma

5.0 out of 5 stars Over the Speed Limit, 8 May 2010

I just know I am going to re-read it as soon as I reach the end as it makes so much sense, even disagreeing with The Secret in some ways. Oh, how I love a passionate fight!

If you really have had enough with your current state of affairs; are ready to claim your destiny and be all you can be, jump into the driving seat and take off with this amazing book. I assure you, Martha Beck is an excellent guide!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Excellent, 6 Nov 2010
Susan Byron (Ireland) - See all my reviews
You know the way most of these types of books are all waffle (with $5 words) that you have to wade right through to the end before you find even one interesting nugget of information, if you are lucky? Well, Martha's hilarious book gets straight to the point starting at the end, rather than the begining, which is her whole point. Perhaps it was just perfect timing for me, like a previous reviewer but I cant recommend it highly enough. Its pure gold dust, or should I say star dust, wise and wonderful and probably one of the best books I have ever read. Susan Byron, Ireland

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have book, 30 Jan 2012
I have read all her books and love this author. She is so motivating with a great sense of humour and gets you in the frame of mind for DOING STUFF.Her book 'finding your own North Star' was recommended reading for a course I did with the Choice Centre in Las Vegas and really helped power me up and get started on my new life. I have taken off since then and done major things I only ever dreamed of, and know now where I am and what to do to make a great life happen. Have just bought her latest, 'Finding your way in a wild new world', because she is always such a joy to read.Can't recommend her enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars steering by starlight review, 18 Dec 2012
I bought this for a friend as I am always lending out my copy-its such a great book with imaginative and humourous advice and true life stories. It was exactly in the condition described and arrived promptly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Starlight, 12 May 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Stargazing - its the only way to be who you know you are!, 3 Jun 2014
This review is from: Steering by Starlight: Find Your Right Life, No Matter What! (Hardcover)
I am just into the first few pages but already I am getting that deja vu feeling about starting with the end in mind - whenever I have done that great things have happened and then life's trivia knocked me off course. This book looks as if it helps you stay on course as a stargazer which will simply be awesome! I have already started the work, as nothing happens just by reading the words and sitting on the sidelines....

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 20 Oct 2010
This is a great book. I bought it for a friend who needs a little inspiration in her life and its perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best self help book I have ever read, 21 Sep 2014
Simply the best self help book I have ever read, I love it. To the point and from the heart, Martha Beck doesn't mess about using illustrative personal stories and clear effective exercises to help readers live from the heart too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Liberating Ideas!, 1 Sep 2014
Wendy (Worcestershire, UK) - See all my reviews
Martha Beck is so inspiring. This book presents the idea of making decisions about your life by noticing which choices make you feel joyful and more alive, rather than following ideas of what you SHOULD do. It's very liberating!

3.0 out of 5 stars Well ... :), 19 Dec 2010
I will start by saying that i will read it again.
I am a BIG big fan of Martha Beck, yet this book is kind of a shift, compared to her other books,
especially to Finding your own north star. I was puzzled as to the "spacy" attitude Martha showed
in this book i some places, I was affraid of her falling in the new-age BS at times... That was a
problem for me as i always identified with her line of though.And as I still know for sure how clever
and educated she is. The thoughs were wondeful, the description were as though one is high on something..
wich she says herself in other words in the book.
In short, for the first time Martha didn't convince me, I'll read it again, sorry maybe not to be smart enough Martha!

Steering by Starlight: Find Your Right Life, No Matter What!
Steering by Starlight: Find Your Right Life, No Matter What! by Martha Beck (Hardcover - 18 Mar 2008)
Used & New from: £0.84