5.0 out of 5 stars Further Understanding for EMDR Recipients
Published 18 months ago by misswoo

› See more 5 star, 4 star reviews
1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading
Be warned, this book DOES NOT contain the techniques of EMDR but rather is just a few relaxation techniques, sketchy casestudies, psychobabble filler and a lenghty promotion of EMDR therapy, of which it is, in repeated and paronising terms, stated that it should only ever be performed by a trained therapist. As if the average person is incapable of grasping a several step...
Published 18 months ago by Mr. Dp Hambleton

› See more 3 star, 2 star, 1 star reviews

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Further Understanding for EMDR Recipients, 4 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Getting Past Your Past (Paperback)
I cannot speak highly enough of EMDR and its healing effects on trauma and PTSD, based on my own personal experience. Eager to have an even deeper understanding of the therapy which I'd hoped would leverage my therapist's work, I was thrilled to gain access to Shapiro's methodology through her own words. The language is clear and easy to comprehend, and to return to techniques again and again is also helpful to remind during more difficult times outside of the therapy room. I would say though, that I'd only recommend use of the techniques alongside a trained therapist as they need expert guidance at the beginning; this is not simply a 'self-help' book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Tool for both the client and clinician, 19 April 2012
This review is from: Getting Past Your Past (Hardcover)
I preordered this book when i heard about and i wasn't disappointed when it arrived. I have found the book to be full of detail about how unprocessed memories can cause distress in the present and most importantly what you can do about it. There are a range of self help techniques taken from a range of modalities that are simple and effective. I would recommend this book to clients and to EMDR practitioners, as it has an up to date knowledge of EMDR, its underlying theories and its use in practice. Overall an excellent, easy read.

5.0 out of 5 stars great reading, 25 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Getting Past Your Past (Hardcover)
very good reading an helping a lot as im going through emdr myself ,;looking forward to reading more of francens books

4.0 out of 5 stars VERY INTERESTING BOOK, 9 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Getting Past Your Past (Hardcover)
Very interesting book. It helps you understand a lot about your self. What i find very helpful is the presentation of many cases by the author as many times you can identify an experience of your own too.

4.0 out of 5 stars informative, 1 Mar. 2013
J. Jewels - See all my reviews
This review is from: Getting Past Your Past (Hardcover)
EMDR is very interesting, but by slightly sceptical, as it is the "too good to be true" factor. People write these books from an almost evangelical mission, but I am sure there is something in it and that people can be helped. A good read for anyone who wishes to be a therapist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent introduction to EMDR for Clients- easy to read., 16 Jun. 2013
Bootess (Lancaster UK) - See all my reviews
This is well-written, using lots of case examples, drawing in the reader to how EMDR can be very helpful for a wide range of emotional problems. The author uses non-jargon language and gives clear explanations of how EMDR works. Good for EMDR trainees, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A useful insight that with the aid to a trained professional can help the individual come to terms., 1 Oct. 2013
marie-celeste (West Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
This book was suggested to me to help me with problems that i am going through. Although i am still working my way through this book, it does not have to be read from beginning to end it can be dipped in and out off as it is full of scenarios/case studies that help to illustrate how different approaches either help or hinder.

I would definitely recommend this book to both those in training and also those that require the help.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beginner manual that explains alot, 6 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Getting Past Your Past (Hardcover)
I have found this book helpful in aiding me in my own exploration in EMDR. I highly recommend this to all.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BOOK, 4 Nov. 2013
A Devlin (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Getting Past Your Past (Paperback)
I FIND THIS BOOK VERY GOOD TO READ AND UNDERSTANDING. I HAVE GAINED TO MUCH FORM IT AND NOW GOING TO ENTER INTO EMDR THERAPY SOON. THIS BOOK HAVE GIVIN ME A GOOD INSITE ON WHAT TO EXPECT.
I AM STILL READING IT THIS IS MY SECOND TIME READING IT COS ITS THAT GOOD AND VERY INSITEFUL

I WOLD REALLY RECOMMEND IT.

5.0 out of 5 stars EMDR is life changing, 13 May 2014
This review is from: Getting Past Your Past (Paperback)
As an EMDR practitioner and someone who has benefited from EMDR therapy with a therapist, this was recommended to me by another practitoner. It is clearly written and structured and the index seems helpful too. I don't recommend this take the place of working with an EMDR therapist but it would be great to read alongside doing that work.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Getting Past Your Past
Getting Past Your Past by Shapiro,, Francine PhD (Hardcover - 4 April 2012)
Used & New from: £17.73