5.0 out of 5 stars Truly life changing!
Believe what you like about whether these five relatively simple exercises can effect the sorts of changes on your life that the book claims, but if you are reading this because you are wondering whether the whole claim is a load of baloney, then I beg you to give it the benefit of the doubt and give it a go, after all, what have you got to lose.

As a pretty...
Published on 24 Jun. 2012 by Tim Fouraker

2.0 out of 5 stars worth reading
Not as good as earlier versions, but still very good, nice clear easy to follow instructions and helpful photographs, the exercises should be followed regularly
Published 10 months ago by Jill Maxwell

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly life changing!, 24 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Five Tibetans: Five Dynamic Exercises for Health, Energy, and Personal Power (Paperback)

As a pretty fit 50 year old who has always taken regular exercise, I have nevertheless been more and more conscious of my increasing inflexibility and back ache due to a fairly sedentary job in which I spend long hours in front of the computer. I have flirted with Yoga in the past, but just never had the focus or the willpower to persevere with it. Then I came upon ' The five Tibetans ' a few months ago, and purchased it because I liked the idea of five relatively straightforward exercises that can be fitted in to almost anywhere or any time within the day which promised dramatic results. I am I must add, a bit of a sucker for clever marketing, and usually end up being disappointed, but this book is very different. Beginning slowly, I gradually began manoeuvring myself into the required positions. Within a few weeks, I was feeling healthier and my mental capacity seemed to have moved up a notch. In addition, everyone, and I mean everyone I know began remarking on how well and how much younger I was looking, and I hadn't mentioned a word about the book. And yes, believe it or not, the ever encroaching grey hair around my temple seems to have gone into reverse, not completely, but there is less of it than there was.

I have since broadened the 5 Tibetans into an hour long early morning Yoga session, which has now become an enjoyable habit which has had a hugely positive effect on every aspect of my life.

So I am 100% convinced that the claims made in this for me life-changing book are for real, provided one is willing to invest the time and effort required - as with all things in life, you get out what you put in, and here is no exception. I am now fitter, happier, and more at peace with the world than I have ever been, and owe this in no small part to the ' Five Tibetans '. I can praise it no more highly.

4.0 out of 5 stars An easy to follow regime, well presented, 21 Feb. 2014
This is the second book on these exercises that I've bought, the first having been lent and not returned...
The exercises work, there's no doubt about it, and right from the start (I started with only 5 repeats as I suffer from a bad back) I was aware of a feeling of energy flowing through my body.
They re-sculpt, trim down and strengthen your body in a relatively short space of time for very little input.
I'm still only up to 12 repeats and don't perform them every day, but would highly recommend them to anyone looking to improve themselves both inside and out.
I've given it a 4 star rating as I have it on kindle and it's annoying not to be able to flick through the pages to the part that interests me, otherwise I'd probably give it a 5 – it's much better written than the version I bought previously.

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy living, 16 May 2012
This book tell you exactly what to do and how to do it. I have never done anything like this and had no difficulties following the steps and the text for how and why.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth Doing !, 22 Dec. 2013
In the course of a busy life it is necessary to find exercises which are effective but which take up as little time as possible. I think that this book provides the ideal set of movements and I have already benefited from them. The author also shares his esoteric knowledge which is extremely interesting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Book, 26 Mar. 2014
These set of exercises is all one needs to do to be in top shape. It takes all of 10 minutes everyday and gives you a full body and mind workout. It's not strenuous and anybody should be able to do these exercises. Highly recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars worth reading, 31 May 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars No preaching, no silliness, all from the heart..., 21 April 2014
A simple brief little book written with honesty and belief. We all argue that exercise is too difficult or time consuming so here is a genuine alternative: a short series of yoga movements that can change your well being. What have you got to lose?. Do not try and do 21 of each as you begin. Do 6. Or 3. It doesn't matter if it takes you months to work up to 21. This is an incredibly worthwhile process. Even Bruce Forsyth swears by the 5 Tibetans. At a busy and dancing 86 with a young wife!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Tibetens, 16 Jun. 2014
Susan Anne (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
Excellent book helped me with my breathing - I have asthma. I also found it was helpful for posture and meditation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and easy to follow, 11 Sept. 2013
This book is straightforward and gives simple instructions for a short yoga practice and meditations which can be practiced daily.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 17 Aug. 2013
great book. I have been practising the tibetan rites for over a decade...It is nice to read the story of how they came to be discovered and made available. Good reference book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Five Tibetans: Five Dynamic Exercises for Health, Energy, and Personal Power
Five Tibetans: Five Dynamic Exercises for Health, Energy, and Personal Power by Christopher S. Kilham (Paperback - 1 Sept. 2011)