5.0 out of 5 stars Curiouser and curiouser....
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children is from start to finish a fantastic young adult novel. Ransom Riggs has written one of the most original and inventive debuts I've ever read.

It follows the story of American teenager Jacob who journeys to a small, remote Welsh island to discover the secrets of his grandfather's childhood. He comes across the ruins of...
Published on 28 July 2011 by Charliecat

3.0 out of 5 stars Unusual
It's pretty hard to show any originality in books these days, but I was pleasantly surprised by how different this book was. The plot has been cleverly interlinked with many unsettling vintage photos of children doing unusual and spectacular feats.

The story is complex with many mysteries, that are sporadically punctuated with strange photographs. This creates...
Published on 18 July 2011 by Kirsty

‹ Previous | 134 35 3648 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful original book, 14 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Paperback)
A cracking read, and the photographs enthralled me. The whole way this book was approached in the method of writing of it is totally unique.

I found after reading it, the concept explained at the end made it feel quite eerily.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a very good book, I've just bought the second installment of ..., 25 Feb. 2015
I hadn't read a book for about 2 years, none of them gripped me but on a whim I bought this, reading the back and hey ho, I ended up reading it on 3 days. It's a very good book, I've just bought the second installment of the series.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sad to say a thumbs down., 2 Dec. 2014
I am sorry to say that I did not enjoy this book at all. I found the writing style rather dull and the plot rather childish. I was so looking forward to reading this book as well! On the positive side it was delivered on time.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic read, 20 Nov. 2014
What a fantastic read!!
Such an amazing story; a bit of fantasy and real life mixed in.... Loved the twists and turns....quite a few surprises as well...could not put it down... Can't wait to read the next one in the series

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating Story., 23 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Paperback)
Very fanciful story which needs the reader to have a good imagination and a need
to believe in the barely possible. Another book will be forthcoming I would imagine
in view of the ending of the story. Most enjoyable.

4.0 out of 5 stars amazing read, 16 Aug. 2014
I really loved this book and the way the pictures were incorporated into the story. The characters all have there own story and I would really like in the other books to find out more about some of the other children's past

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved the use of old photographs & found they helped ..., 1 Jan. 2015
Nina (NorthWest England) - See all my reviews
Very enjoyable to read. I loved the use of old photographs & found they helped imagine the characters in my mind. I'll definitely be buying the sequel when it comes out in paperback in Feb. Great for teens & adults alike.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully Cinematic, 5 Aug. 2014
I love how this book doesn't only help me imagine but makes me feel like I am there in many cases. It was an easy and exciting read. I will soon start the second one as this one doesn't have a closure at the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fairy tale for all ages, 30 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Paperback)
Wonderful tale of a world just beyond reality. A fantastical imagining of the supernatural that hides amongst us. Couldn't put it down and really wished it could have lasted longer. A fairy tale for all ages.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great story, very different., 1 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book, and couldn't put it down. It is different and great escapism. The only disappointment was the ending, unless the author is planning a sequel. I like my book endings all tied up.

‹ Previous | 134 35 3648 | Next ›

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs (Paperback - 20 May 2012)
Used & New from: £3.70