on 31 August 2014
Love the use of photographs and the idea of the marvellous children but I felt the end was unsatisfying and sequels I fear may be rather more in the rather predictable teenage adventure mould.
on 1 April 2015
This is a great book you are in from the first page lots of happenings and goings on.... Great photos of a slightly wierd kind to enhance the story...fully recommend as a really good read...
on 20 May 2013
This was the weirdest book I have read in ages.
The time travel was almost believable.
I found it very sad in parts.
The use of the very real photographs was really excellent.
on 5 January 2013
This was a very good book and I especially liked that the children were so normal which made them even more perculiar. I liked the pictures as they are real and fit in well with the book.
on 4 December 2011
Format: Hardcover|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Such a promising read that turned into a bit of a damp squib for me. The build up was brilliant, the photographs such an excellent idea but the actual plot line became a tad 'convenient' with characters suddenly possessing abilities that had been previously hidden. Because of this all the mystery and magical qualities that could have made this book an astounding read just disappeared and instead it became almost laughable. A beautiful book to have your bookshelves but the storyline is sadly a big let down.
on 20 January 2013
I was enthralled from the very beginning! The photographs that punctuated the story throughout made the characters ever real! Very enjoyable,, i shall wait in anticipation for the sequel!
on 21 July 2012
I purchased this book without knowing what it was about. Less than a quarter of the way through and I couldn't stop. It's interesting and the photographs give insight to the imagination.
on 20 March 2013
enjoyed this book, really easy reading as kept you gripped right through... thought the old photos were a good to help bring the characters more to life... would definitely recommend!!
on 15 October 2015
This book has resparked my passion for reading so far the book is 10/10 and I was delighted to find out my book was coming early. Last thing, Ransom Riggs is now my favourite author.
on 31 May 2015
This is the most extraordinary novel. I loved it. You wonder how these peculiar children came into being and it becomes clear as the story unfolds. Do buy this book. it is a joy.