on 28 March 2016
Brilliant! Every bit as good as 'Harry Potter'! I loved the details - photos and graphics - and the story grabbed me right away.
on 15 February 2013
I was after this book for a while and it certainly didn't disappoint when I read it. An unsual premise which intertwines stories from the past and present it a thoughtful way. The black and white photos blend in well with the story bringing it more vividly to life. I look forward to the forthcoming sequel.
on 11 February 2016
Absorbing tales of things that go bump in the night. fascinating, although it's supposed to be for the younger generation!
on 9 April 2016
Book is in great condition and arrived very quickly. The story itself is well written and enjoyable. Would recommend both.
on 17 March 2016
Fantastic book, storyline caught my attention imediately. Finished book in one day! I will defo being getting the next 2!
on 20 July 2011
Format: Hardcover|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I had high hopes for this book after reading the blurb and I was not disappointed. The photos interspersed with the story lend a really chilling atmosphere to a well thought out and creepy tale. This book is crying out for a sequel and I for one will be getting my hands on one if it ever appears.
I think this will be a big hit with teenage readers as there is enough spookiness without too much scariness and a little romance in there for the girls.
on 19 January 2013
To be honest, the book was mediocre and somewhat immaturely written. It felt as though the writer had gone through the draught and used a thesaurus to pick out random words and replace them with bizarrely obscure ones to try and appear intelligent!! All the time I was reading I felt no connection, sad because I wasted my cash and it wasn't particularly cheap! The cover is good tho!
on 11 April 2016
Slow start but a griping story . looking forward to the next book. Well worth a read and is now going to be a movie.
on 4 August 2011
I really enjoyed this book. I enjoyed the first half of the book more when I was anticipating what the photographs all meant, more than the fantasy section despite the fact that the pace gets faster then. I would never have even given the book a chance had I realised that monsters were going to prominent but I am so glad that I did. I loved the way that the photographs and drawings were there to illustrate what was being described and I found no problem with seeing these on the kindle. I would certainly recommend others to give this book a try.
on 22 March 2016
Every so often you come across a book like this that's so left of centre it takes your breath away. Loved it.