5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT EXCELLENT BENTO BOOK
This book was way way more than i expected,,,EXCELLENT IN EVERY SINGLE LEVEL,,,,many pictures, explainations of ingredients and happy faces, glossary, a list of places where we can buy bento gear,,,im really really happy with this book!!
Published on 29 July 2010 by PANAMA

2.0 out of 5 stars nice looking but not sure on nutririon of food used!
I wanted to make some lovely lunches when my son started school. I am going to miss him and wanted to give him a treat. He also hates sandwich so I thought this would entice him to eat! First thing that disappointed me was that the recipes needed reheating and a microwave isnt available at school! secondly some of the food choices are not what I would call healthy. There...
Published 13 months ago by Pilchard and Pizza

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars can't wait to use the recipes when my son is old enough, 30 May 2013
This review is from: Yum-Yum Bento Box: Fresh Recipes for Adorable Lunches (Paperback)
Great recipes for lunch boxes filled with nutrition, taste, fun and love. Can't help but smile when I imagine the future, when my son is old enough to go to school and carries such a bento box.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting book, 19 April 2013
Very interesting book, full of wonderful ideas for the mum with so much time on her hands that she can create these wonderful meals. My son is a VERY fussy eater and I will try anything to try and get him to eat. I failed. He did not eat one thing that I made him from this book. Beautiful pictures though, and it does give you inspiration to try and create something simular - but simpler! (One of the ingredients that they use a lot I have never heard off). I ended up donating the book to my sons nursey, and they lend it out to parents for a trial run before they buy the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Yum Yum but am I a lazy mum?, 4 Mar 2012
This is a lovely book full of inspirational ideas and pictures... however... I am not sure if I would go to the lengths of preparing this for my daughter. I must be lucky she isn't too fussy an eater.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cold Lunches, 3 Feb 2011
Rhona "castlecrafts" (Alexandria, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This book is good for children, and if you want to create cold food to look quirky - but if you are buying a thermal bento box, and expecting hot menus, this book is NOT the one to buy. I did, and found only one hot recipe - rice, burger and gravy! Even the food that I would expect to be served hot, chicken, pizza, scampi, fish, was all allowed to cool, before putting into the box (and that included a very tasty sounding turkey lasagne - but just so that the cheese decorations didn't melt ^o^). Anyway - still a nice book for the price, but as I say, look for something else if you want adult hot lunches for the office.

3.0 out of 5 stars looks lovely, 19 April 2013
very cute and colourful food,would i make it,i don't know as it seem too much effort for so little food, very portion control,my son loves it so he can learn to do it himself

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Yum-Yum Bento Box: Fresh Recipes for Adorable Lunches
Yum-Yum Bento Box: Fresh Recipes for Adorable Lunches by Crystal Watanabe (Paperback - 1 July 2010)