Love this book and have read it twice already. I even recommended it to my sister who has done the same!! She has honest advice and really good ideas on realistically losing weight and keeping it off. So much rang true with me and I loved her ideas, especially those relating to dealing with people who try to "help" you when you are dieting.

It doesn't...
Published on 1 April 2012 by Natalie

2.0 out of 5 stars This is book isn't worth the price
Overall this book isn't worth the price,and not for those who like depth and 'aha moments'.
In the first half of this book there is a grave lack of substance and the stories are unrelatable and insignificant for the average 'fat girl'/woman today. In my opinion, too many pages are spent on obvious points - like get a trainer that is certified.
This book only...
Published 4 months ago by L.A

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, realistic, down to earth and honest! A very sensible approach to weight loss!, 1 April 2012

It doesn't promote ridiculous instant, quick fix, weight loss methods, it's more about lifestyle change and healthy eating. It also emphasises a "do it in your own time" ideal which is so much healthier than other books I've seen and read.

She is American so it's written that way but you can relate it back to wherever you are.

There is also a website that you can contact the author on with questions!

I highly recommend this if you are ready to make that change!

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring Read, 14 Jan. 2014
This book is very encouraging and I took away a lot of helpful tips on how to change my lifestyle habits. I would say this is best as a book and not an ebook, as this would have made running back over previous steps easier.

5.0 out of 5 stars a lovely read, 10 Feb. 2012
This really is a lovely book; she comes across as very down to earth, no silly pep talks, just an honest account of her own struggles, which are easy to empathise with. In terms of aiding weight loss, it is not exactly a 'diet book' but her honestly makes it easy to see how weight loss can be achieved, and will definietly spur a lot of people into healthy action.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book for anyone who's ever struggled with food, 2 Jan. 2010
K. Simmons (UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this book having read a one-pager in Runner's World magazine. I'm not a current or former fat girl but my brain really wants me to be fat and I completely identify with a lot of the food and determination issues discussed in the book. I found a lot of what is in the book really useful and have been able to survive christmas without gaining weight this year as a result of some of the advice in the book. I really recommend this book to anyone who struggles with the "why can't I be like everyone else" question or who sometimes eats fattening food that they don't really want/need. It's a quick, easy read with tips that really will change your life if you're ready for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read, 2 Jun. 2013
A very supportive and non preaching book, I would really recommend to read to any one and it makes u thing about how you sea food and exercise

2.0 out of 5 stars This is book isn't worth the price, 16 Feb. 2015
This book only really gets good half way in.

2.0 out of 5 stars too american!!, 5 Mar. 2012
sorry but for an english girl i cant get past all the tons of americanisms. It really is grating on me and i couldnt get past it. In my head the book's "voice" is really really annoying!!. If you are American or watch a lot of the OC then you could probably cope. The page is peppered with words like "saltines(?) cheez nips(?) "butt" ect.Some pages read like an advert with so many brands and things mentioned the woman doesnt stop for a breath.

im sure the content is good, to be fair to her but its expensive and if you think you will find the character annoying or the language off putting dont waste your money...

1.0 out of 5 stars I found this to be a really boring book about a former fat girl with hang ups, 16 Sept. 2014
I found this to be a really boring book about a former fat girl with hang ups. Did nothing to motivate me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 6 Oct. 2014
A great book to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best weight loss book I have ever read, 3 Aug. 2010
T. Popoola (uk) - See all my reviews
This book is an insperation for anyone who wants to not just loose weight but change there life!