5.0 out of 5 stars Helping me find inner peace
Studied this martial art a few years ago but was unable to continue at the time. Have now been able to restart my learning. Clear and concise instruction with good demonstration.
Published 21 months ago by James Fitzpatrick-Ellis

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a let down
Published on 30 Jan 2010 by T. Payne

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a let down, 30 Jan 2010
T. Payne "Telboy" (Southampton, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Xingyiquan (Hsing I Chuan) [DVD] (DVD)
After purchasing the rather brilliant book by the same title and same authors, I found the DVD to be quite a bit of a let down. Firstly, at almost £50, I was expecting at least a 2 dvd set. Instead this item is only a single disk set which leaves many areas contained within the book unrepresented. There is very little mention of the philosophy behind xingy or any coverage of the excellant chi kung excercises. The five element forms are demonstrated and demonstrated well but with no actual examples of their martial usage as given in the book. However, unlike the book we are presented with some excellant full demostrations of all of the 12 animal forms but again only limited use is made of their marital applications. My main gripe is that in order to do the book any real justice this should definitely been made into a 2 dvd set which would also be more representative of its price tag!

5.0 out of 5 stars Helping me find inner peace, 22 Mar 2013
This review is from: Xingyiquan (Hsing I Chuan) [DVD] (DVD)

Xingyiquan (Hsing I Chuan) [DVD]
Xingyiquan (Hsing I Chuan) [DVD] by Jwing Ming (DVD - 2008)