Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 17 December 2012
A fine addition and support to the argument put forward by Edward Said in his "Orientalism"; a readable history and with the insights of a practising physicist.
on 11 May 2015
This was my first encounter with that period in science hystory. I found it well narrated, thourough and objective. The language is easy. This book encouraged me to take interest in similar fields more deeply.
on 23 November 2014
Extremely well written and a mine of information about history of the area of the "Land between the Rivers" apart from
interesting facts about Arabic Science.
on 2 January 2014
I really enjoy Jim's excellent TV programmes.His books are just as good and his writing style and delivery make this subject readily accessible to non scientists like me!
on 23 March 2013
the edition is wondefully comprehensive and just what I needed for research. arrived timely and well packed. Excellent product and service