5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 11 April 2007
I am a huge fan of all Jayne Ann Krantz books; I have read all her books, however recently they have lost the romance element. This book puts her back on form with an interesting mystery to solve, plenty of humour between the main characters and above all a romance you can believe in that leaves you with a feel good factor.

The twist in this book is that the main characters have physic abilities that should make a romance impossible however enables them to compliment each other beautifully. This is the follow up book to the Amanda Quick AKA Jayne Ann Krantz Second Sight (that romance was not up to her usual standard, the heroine was irritating and not very interesting, which put me off finishing the book)

I would recommend this book as a must read to all JAK fans as well as readers who like a well-written romance as well as a good suspense thriller.

4.0 out of 5 stars Arcane novels for the modern heart!, 13 Jun 2010
Amazon Customer (Aberdeenshire,Scotland) - See all my reviews
I enjoy most of Jayne Ann Krentz' novels, but the characters and storylines she creates for the Arcane Society series are my favourites. Her paranormal heroines are strong and capable of wealding sarcasm with skill & her psychic heros are bad boys with hearts of gold.

In White Lies, we meet our herione who has the capacity to tell whether others are lying. She is living in a family that seems permeated with lies, of both the white and the not-so-white variety. Into this mix comes our hero, a man shrouded in lies, but lies told for the protection of others. The sparks fly and love is found in the course of solving the mystery that has brought everyone together.

If you enjoy your romance with a touch of paranormal mystery, then the Arcane Society Series is quite likely to please.

4.0 out of 5 stars great, 3 Aug 2011
Lindymck (Falkirk, Scotland) - See all my reviews
a modern day story but the arcane society is still alive and well. after gabriel and venetia started the jones & jones investigative company in the victorian period, it is still around 100 plus years later. jack is in phoenix investigating a possible threat to the moder day arcane society and he crosses paths with clare who is on town to settle some old demons but has the reputation of a murder suspect and it seems to follow her about during this story. great chemistry between jack and clare which makes a great romantic story there is also a thriller aspect to it as well which both make it a great read that you cant put down. also its great to read about the descendants of the characters which we have met.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable weekend read, 2 Jun 2008
Our normal world contains psychics. These psychics are aware of each other, often marry, and appear to be regulated by the Arcane Society. Their special abilities don't have to be spectacular - a low level psychic might simply get feelings about situations or be particularly good at strategy or seeing patterns in numbers. Their abilities are ranked from 1 to 10*. In this story Jake and Clare are both 10*s and I liked the fact they were quick to be attracted to each other so a lot of the story wasn't wasted in typical 'will they, won't they' plotting. It's how Jake and Clare work together with their abilities that matters more, within the context of the mystery. Why does Clare keep coming upon dead bodies? Was there a bigger plot behind the death of Clare's sister's evil husband? Is it about business and money, or much more? How will Clare feel when she discovers Jake hasn't been telling her the whole truth? All the usual romantic suspense ingredients are there and work well. However, the story did seem rushed at the end and I hope we see more of Jake and Clare because it feels like their story has only just begun.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this, 7 Mar 2014
J. A. Swan "julfull" (sutton, UK) - See all my reviews
I would recommend this to fans of Jayne Ann Krentz it has a good story lineand I thoroughly enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs up!, 27 Nov 2013
Ms. S. Thomas (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Amazing read! I will look for other books by this author. I've lent the this book to my mum now.

5.0 out of 5 stars White Lies - Fantastic, 19 Nov 2013
I brought this book whilst on holiday and it was the very 1st JAK book that I read and I loved it. I've since brought / downloaded at least 90% of JAK books, as well as her alias' Amanda Quick and Jayne Castle.

Whether it's the Arcane Series, Harmony Series (these two are my favourites), or Periodic Series, her writing style is brilliant and the storylines keep you coming back for more, truly exceptional.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always brilliant, 15 Sep 2012
David (ISLE OF CUMBRAE, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
As always - thoroughly enjoyed this book from Jayne Ann Krentz . I only found out about her as I bought Amanda Quick Crystal Gardens and enjoyed that so much .

4.0 out of 5 stars really great read, 1 Jan 2010
This is the second book in the Arcane Society Series. Claire has only recently met her father and his family. She is still not accepted by her stepmother. Her stepsister's husband was murdered and she is still considered the prime suspect since it wasn't solved. She also has paranormal powers and on a visit requested by her father to see him, she is targeted by a murderer. Jake who works for her father ends up helping solve the crime... This is a great read for any JAK fans. Definitely worth the read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Aug 2014
Very happy

White Lies (Thorndike Paperback Bestsellers)
White Lies (Thorndike Paperback Bestsellers) by Jayne Ann Krentz (Paperback - 7 Feb 2008)