5.0 out of 5 stars Not Just for BPD
I work in Mental Health and have found different chapters in this book very useful in explaining different concepts eg validating...this is important when communicating with everyone not just BPD. I found a whole new way of empathising with people with BPD and would highly recommend this book to anybody who has a person with BPD in their lives.
Published 17 months ago by Ciara

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad
i actually used it to find out more about myself....I have bpd and was getting all confused in all that psychiatric jargon....helped me a bit.
Published 8 months ago by kasia

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Just for BPD, 17 Mar 2013
This review is from: Loving Someone with Borderline Personality Disorder: How to Keep Out-of-Control Emotions from Destroying Your Relationship (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars What a relief..., 8 Feb 2013
This book has been an amazing and validating insight for myself and my partner for whom I bought the book. As a sufferer of BPD I struggle to find the words to describe my difficulties and end up further frustrated than I begin with. This book has opened up a whole new dialogue of effective communication between us. The author starts by explaining the many different types of Bpd then proceeds to explore the various responses and reactions that can either help or worsen the situation. There's also loads of information on how my partner can protect himself from getting caught up in the whirlpool of my Bpd. Since reading this book together we have had many weeks of calm and understanding of situations that would usually end at the bottom of a few wine bottles. I'm so greatful to have stumbled across such a book that simplifies complications. Peace is good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely good, 17 Aug 2013
I bought this for my husband and I also read if myself first. This book is fantastic and offers real life advice that can actually help and it explains BPD extremely well. Well worth a read

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this over the others, 7 April 2014
Best book yet. We bought them all, and this one was far above the others to help my partner understand how to help me in our relationship and how to understand me. It is so well written, it helps both of us. It is clear and easy to understand. Really fantastic book to give your spouse/ husband/ wife/ boyfriend/ girlfriend or to buy for yourself if you are in a place of willing to support and understand your BPD partner or family member.

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad, 26 Dec 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars helpful, 19 Nov 2011
ordered this book on recomendation of a friend. was pleased with it. easy to read. helpful examples - hit the mark. validates own feelings and experiences, and gives hope for change. thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars A book of great help, 5 May 2014
Sally A. Crookes "scalliwag" (Leicester. UK) - See all my reviews
I was looking for something to help me understand the condition a bit better. This book is very readable,not full of jargon. I am finding it a great help and comfort.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 Aug 2014
very good read good explanations

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 July 2014