5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful leather journal
Published on 16 Sept. 2010 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT real leather!
Looks, feels and even smells like real leather, but it is not! If you look at the printed surface closely you will spot the repeat pattern. But you do have to look closely! I even picked open the inside sheet to examine the 'leather' and found it to be a thin layer of plastic. That said, this book does have a nice 'vintage' feel to it and it will fool most people...
Published 21 months ago by Artian

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful leather journal, 16 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Ambigram Leather Journal (Notebook Diary) (Leather Bound)
I'm one of those people who is always looking for the perfect notebook/journal as I just love writing things down. I treated myself to this because it looked so gorgeous and when it arrived I wasn't disappointed. This is one of the nicest journals I think I've ever seen. It would make a lovely gift for just about anyone who likes to write and appreciates beautiful things and it's very reasonably priced for the quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 4 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Ambigram Leather Journal (Notebook Diary) (Leather Bound)
The journal arrived in better condition than I imagined it to. It was packaged incredibly well in a tough layer of cardboard, and didn't look like it had been 'cobbled together' (like a few other items I bought).
Firstly, the most noticeable feature is obviously the golden ambigram on the cover. Let me tell you now that the pictures do not do it justice, as the gold of it is so striking. Secondly, the pages are trimmed in gold, and the spacings between the lines are just right. The cover is real leather, and the smell is just fantastic. The journal does feel very durable, and it is well worth parting with such little money for.

Once I have filled this one up, I believe that I will buy another one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Journal, 6 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Ambigram Leather Journal (Notebook Diary) (Leather Bound)
Beautiful journal, smells wonderful when you open it. Lays flat too which is great for writing. Gold embossed ambigram on the front is lovely, has a slight vintage feel to it even though new. Definately worth the price!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality. Impressed!, 27 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Ambigram Leather Journal (Notebook Diary) (Leather Bound)
Very good Quality product at a reasonable price. The Journal dosnt look cheap, the writing on the front is decorative and well drawn and the front has a good finish. The pages are ruled, which is good for people like me who cant write in straight lines.

5.0 out of 5 stars So nice, I just bought another one, 10 July 2008
C. Ashcroft "Ashman" (London) - See all my reviews
Unlike the reviewer above I have bought one, actually two.
The lines on the pages are nicely spaced and the quality of the paper itself is very, very good.

The front cover design is very nice to look at, and you can actually trace it with your fingers (I know, I'm easily satisfied). There are no markings on the spine but as there are very few other books which look and feel exactly like it along the spine it is unlikely you'll get the book confused with another.

There is only one peice of paper in the whole book that you cannot write on and that is the page which has the copyright information on it. Every single other page can be written on and the paper is thick enough that you don't have to worry about the writing coming through on to the next page, unless you're very heavy-handed with a biro!

I've just bought another one for when I go travelling in a few months time, which is another good thing about this book. It's very sturdy, I can't help but think that the leathy could be attached a little better to the book itself, specifically where the front and back covers meet the spine, but the structure of the book means it can probably take a bit of a beating and not show any damage. If you want something to write your thoughts down in and at the same time looks quite nice and encourages you to actually take the necessary time when writing your thoughts down, then I definitely recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A touch of luxury, 11 Mar. 2011
Colin Edwards (Margate UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ambigram Leather Journal (Notebook Diary) (Leather Bound)
Jim Rohn claimed that he would pay $26 or more for a good notebook / journal because the value of the ideas that he would write were worth many times his investment.
It seems that if you buy a notebook from a 99p store you will expect low quality and this may lead you to undervalue your own ideas and talents.
I would rather have one good book like this than a dozen cheap examples. It feels good, it looks good and the gold edges to the pages add a touch of luxury. It feels nicer than a similar sized Moleskine and almost as good as the Rhodia webbie[neither of which are leather] Cannot comment on various ink tests but the pages are fine with my favourite Pilot TecPoint Extra Fine V5 gel pens.
This would be a great gift for anyone with a thing about words and writing. The 'Ambigram' concept ... the word 'journal' printed on the cover in gold that can be read upside down or right way up ... seems a gimmick that the quality of the book transcends.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty, 8 Jan. 2012
Mel (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ambigram Leather Journal (Notebook Diary) (Leather Bound)
This is a gorgeous looking notebook that I bought for my friend for Christmas. I'd hoped that the leather cover were thicker, but it's good for the price. I wish I'd bought one for myself!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a convert!, 29 May 2011
Steampunk "JS" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Ambigram Leather Journal (Notebook Diary) (Leather Bound)
This inexpensive-but-highly-luxurious volume was what finally converted me from a computer journal to the pen-and-paper version.

As other reviewers have noted, it really does have a high-quality feel, with a classy leather cover, ribbon marker, and gilt-edged high-quality pages. Writing in it, carrying it around, even LOOKING at it is a pleasurable experience.

I find it hard to imagine anyone getting this and not being happy with it.

For me, there's only one thing that could have made it 100% perfect - Since the ambigram title can be read either way up, I wish they'd printed it on BOTH sides of the cover - this would have made it possible to use the journal for two purposes, one starting at each end of the book.

But that's a minor, personal quibble. Overall, this is great, and I highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Journal, 14 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Ambigram Leather Journal (Notebook Diary) (Leather Bound)
Expensive looking and unique, unusual script on the front that can be read upside down. Seems good quality and hopefully the perfect gift for a diarist.

5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT, 29 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Ambigram Leather Journal (Notebook Diary) (Leather Bound)
I was most certainly NOT disappointed when my leather bound journal arrived!
It came very quickly, which was a pleasant surprise, although I didn't expect it to come so soon and I went out, so the postman did leave it in bin for me to collect. This wasn't very enjoyable, but I can't blame that on the seller!
When I set off looking for a journal to record my year in; this was precisely what I was looking for.
It is made from real leather, which gives the book a real old fashioned feeling.
The gold lettering on the front really is an ambigram, which gave my younger brother HOURS of joy, turning it over and over again to see the magic word stay the same.
It is even better than it looks in the photo; which doesn't show the amazing detail on the cover.
There are stickers on the front and back, but they easily peel off.
The inside pages smell heavenly and are made of thick, yellowed paper and are slightly lined.
It also has a ribbon on the inside to act as a bookmark, which is nice touch.
The pages are gold lined, which gives the book a very elegant and refined look, a touch I much appreciated.
I always write in fountain pen, and was pleased to say that the pages took wonderfully to the ink, making my mundane little thoughts seem almost Shakespearian in their font.
Overall, I was extremely pleased with this journal, and I would thouroughly recommend it to anyone.

Ambigram Leather Journal (Notebook Diary)
Ambigram Leather Journal (Notebook Diary) by Peter Pauper Press (Leather Bound - 1 Jan. 2009)