Showing 1-10 of 13 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on 16 April 2005
I usually read contemporary and historical romance, never having been a fan of the 'Fantasy' side of the romance genre. However, a dear friend of mine read this book and told me I just had to read it. What I found was more than I could have bargained for. This is not just fantasy. It is erotically charged and dream like, but so well written I could not put it down. This book will make your imagination soar.
Also recommended: The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd and Fire In The Ice by Katlyn Stewart
on 2 January 2012
"She's done it again!". Laurell Hamiltion has done it again, this books is ace, as are all her books, the Gentry series is just as good as the Anita Blake novels- wonderful escapism!
on 1 February 2014
I like this series better than the Anita Blake series and that's saying something! Just buy the whole series to save yourself time!
on 21 January 2010
I enjoy all Laurell K Hamilton books.
I started with the Lunatic Cafe, and hav'nt
read a bad one since.
on 9 April 2005
This book makes for exciting and tantalizing reading. There is a little of everything here to keep the reader on his or her toes. The writing is deliciously intriguing and keeps you turning page after page to see what will happen next. Whether you favor romance, mystery or horror you will find it here. The only other book I enjoyed as much this year is "Bedtime Stories for Women" by Nancy Madore, which I can read over and over and still enjoy.
on 12 September 2015
Better quality than expected
on 21 September 2015
Great read.
on 13 May 2005
Being an avid fan of the Meridith Gentry novels I couldnt wait until the new book was published, but amidst my excitement was a slight worry what if Ms Hamilton had lost her touch this time what if her next book wasnt as good as the others.
I needn't have worried. The postie delivered the book to my door at 9.30 on tuesday morning and by 4 pm that same afternoon I had finished it.
I really coulnt put it down ! An excellent read and follow on from the previous books. I can't wait for the next book!
on 8 April 2005
An eagerly awaited book should be exactly like a romantic liason: the Anticipation when arranging your date, waiting for the adventure to begin, the heady ride of getting to know someone better, the peeling of layers to find the real story, exploring hidden depths and finding new highs - all heading to a climatic finish that you just know is guarenteed to leave you breathless and satisfied but still hungry and craving for more....
I am not disappointed not in the least just frustrated because my favorite lover has arrived after a year long absence and after a 90 minute marathon has departed again leaving me desperate in the knowledge that it will be another year before they return.
Welcome to the latest installment of the tantalising gore fest that is "A Stroke of Midnight", Why not Midnight - Merry strokes everything else and a lot more besides! I not going into the details because if you don't love Ms Hamilton's style of fiction enough to take a leap of faith, go to that museum of wimpishness that is the lending library!!
on 10 July 2015