5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the later stages of recovery
I read "Not 'Just Friends': Rebuilding Trust and Recovering Your Sanity After Infidelity" by Shirley Glass in the first few weeks/months following news of my husband's affair and found it to be articulately and logically presented, giving me greater understanding.

Published on 29 Sept. 2007 by Dee

3.0 out of 5 stars Not enough hints if he/she does not return
This book is really helpful if you are planning to get back with your parnter but it does not help you if the infidelity carries on and he/she does not intend to come back into the marriage. Helpful hints are missing to deal with being alone after this breakup.
Published on 11 Aug. 2011 by michelle

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the later stages of recovery, 29 Sept. 2007
This review is from: Surviving Infidelity: Making Decisions, Recovering from the Pain (Paperback)

After a few months had passed and my husband and I reached a point where we both seemed commited to working on the relationship, I chose to delve deeper into the "how" of marriage repair with this book.

It has been very helpful and I have definitely benefited from reading it during the later stages of the healing process rather than during the confusion of the first few months.

As with most, the book has mainly been written for couples who hope to repair their marriage although the authors do not appear biased; there are example stories of people who choose to part as a result of their differences.

The book is full of practical suggestions for re-establishing lost communication, tackling the differences and coping with the emotional turmoil. It's not at all heavy going yet it covers most concerns in depth. I found advice on tackling sexual difficulties post affair especially helpful.

I would thoroughly recommend this if you have reached a point where both parties are willing to put in the effort to work towards a shared future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surviving Infidelity, 5 Jan. 2003
By A Customer
This is an execellent book for anyone who has been hurt by a partner's affair. It contains examples of different types of affairs and how the people affected by them felt. I found it particularly helpful to read that other people felt the same way as may and that I was not alone in feeling this way. This book will also help both parties decide if the relationship is worth saving after an affair. I would recommended it to anyone that has been affected by an affair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Moving, 20 May 2007
I read this book and dont mind admitting that i wept. My wife left me for another man, she dumped me and walked out on our children to set up home with a married man.

This book proved to me that life goes on and that you can survive the shock of betrayal by the person you loved and trusted.

I recomend this book to all victims of adultery...it is the best book I have read on the subject...apart from TILL DEATH US DO PART by GARRY JACKSON...

5.0 out of 5 stars Good eye-opener, 19 May 2011
This book doesn't tell you what to do or how to feel, it is an eye-opener for the person who is looking for a different point of view other that the same old friends telling you what to do in moments of crisis.
This book showed me in an objective way things that I couldn't see for myself, step by step I learned to see the problem in a more objective way and I managed to get my feelings sorted so I could move on. This book has helped saving my marriage as it explains things that as a couple we were unable to say with words.
Now we feel inner peace and ready to live our lives the way we intended and I hope you find your way too. Good luck.

4.0 out of 5 stars painful and informative, 14 Jan. 1998
By A Customer
Suriviving Infidelity describes in painful terms the types and bases for infidelity by ones spouse, and then explains the victim's reactions and prescribes steps that will help speed the recovery process, hopefully to accompany the healing of the marital relationship. Very helpful for a victim.

5.0 out of 5 stars What an amazing book., 12 Jun. 2006
As I sat and read the chapters on coping with the pain and the victims response, I sat and cried. It was like someone had previewed my life and knew exactly how I would feel.

I totally recommend it for anyone who finds themselves the betrayed spouse, no matter what type of infidelity. I'm yet to show my husband this book to confirm to him that all my emotions are "normal", but with the self healing process happening at the moment I'm keeping it all to myself.

God bless anyone who finds themselves in this need, but be sure, it is a valued book that will help you in the journey that lies ahead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful title on surviving infidelity, 21 Nov. 2008
Rolf Dobelli "getAbstract" (Switzerland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
"I've been unfaithful." With this sentence, most marriages will never be the same again, if they survive at all. Authors Rona B. Subotnik and Gloria G. Harris pledge to provide counsel to those who are hurt and reeling. getAbstract believes this book fulfills their promise. The authors thoroughly explore types of affairs; teach you how to cope with your pain, grief and anger; and advise you how to decide if you want the marriage to continue. Then they offer compassionate guidance on how to repair your relationship. With the knowledge drawn from their clinical practices, they also show you how to heal your wounds and emerge as a stronger, better person. If you're struggling to pick up the pieces of your life, your marriage and your heart, this book can help.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heed the Warning, 3 Jun. 2007
Buy this book - read it - put it under your pillow and treasure it...and if your ever tempted to CHEAT on your family read this book again.

This fantastic book confirms that adultery is wrong and at the end of the day YOU WILL PAY FOR YOUR SINS.

At the time `secret meetings` and `making love` with a person behind your partners back might seem fun and exciting...but this book warns that making a MUG of the person that LOVES you more then anything else in the world is NOT clever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Help, 2 Jun. 2008
This is a recomended read. It really does help you understand that you can move on and recover. Well worth buying.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not enough hints if he/she does not return, 11 Aug. 2011

Surviving Infidelity: Making Decisions, Recovering from the Pain
Surviving Infidelity: Making Decisions, Recovering from the Pain by Gloria G. Harris (Paperback - 26 Mar. 2010)