1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars delicious, like a gooey cake, 3 April 2008
This review is from: Tales from the Scale: Women Weigh in on Thunder Thighs, Cheese Fries, and Feeling Good...at Any Size (Paperback)
I loved this book and couldn't wait to get into bed each night to read a few more tales (yes, very sad, but there you go). It was like being with good friends, all telling our stories over a glass or two of wine, and I felt better after each story, knowing that I am not the only one who goes through life feeling like the Fat Girl (whether I am currently size 10 or size 16). I kept thinking "yes!!! that is exactly what it is like to be Fat", but the nice thing was being able to laugh with the women too. However, the stories also made me think hard about why my waistline goes in and out with the regularity of the tides. This was a comforting book, and I will certainly read it again - and keep it by my bed when I need something to inspire me to get back out there and sort myself out. It really helps, knowing there are so many other women with the same fantasies.