1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - read it!, 19 April 2007
This review is from: Systemic Parenting (Hardcover)
An interesting read with a detailed yet simple philosophy.

Although the book did seem a little 'heavy' to start with, I did easily get used to the authors style of writing and eventually found that I was unable to put it down!

It is very much as another reviewer commented - its all the things you know but are unable to put into words. You know those occasions when your gut feeling tells you one thing but you know people around you are thinking differently? - well this gives you the confidence to stick with your gut feeling and not give in to other peoples well-intentioned advice and it gives you the ability to express yourself if you so desire!

There are also many practical experiences of situations from which you can draw your own conclusions and ideas as a basis for your own parenting. You become very confident in the authors ability to give advice as you see how it has worked in real situations. I just hope that I am able to put these ideas into practice! I am sure that my copy will become dog-eared within a short time too. I am going to get Daddy to read it next!

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who is wanting to enjoy a close relationship with their child throughout its life.

Systemic Parenting
Systemic Parenting by Mark Gaskill MFT (Hardcover - 24 April 2006)
Used & New from: £5.24