Format: PaperbackChange

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on 1 March 2011
I first came across Inkscape only a few weeks ago. I wanted a book that would help a beginner like myself and though this book is perhaps not quite what I had envisaged I am nevertheless very pleased with it. I have had to sit down and read it quite thoroughly and the book is written in such a way that it is very easy to follow and very logical in the way it takes one through the different processes.
on 23 May 2013
This book is for the dedicated Graphic Designer and describes the capabilities of this programme in the hands of a dedicated
graphic person. There are a number of ways to illustrate and isometric projection being one I am often drawn too.
The book is laid out very well with its illustrations. There are many examples of what can be achieved - even down to designing a basic card to introduce one's self or designing a web site. Anyone who likes working in the design sector will like the book.
on 30 May 2014
Inkscape is a very powerful drawing package, however it does not have the most intuitive interface. This book is a great manual and reference for everything you would like to do in Inkscape an much more.

I bought the kindle version and my one complaint is that you cannot view kindle books on Linux - the operating system that Inkscape was originally built for - unless you are online. Can anyone say irony? You can read it on android which is ... Linux derived! Sort it out Amazon.
on 26 August 2013
I Have used inkscape for some detailed work and this book is useful and quite clear. Hopefully get more time to play with inkscape and more of the features