5.0 out of 5 stars For true diehards only, 3 Sep 2010
Chris L (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Cult of Mac (Paperback edition) (Paperback)
Okay - Quick preface - If you love Mac's the five stars in the review is for you - If you do not enjoy Mac's or other technology then please award it one star for great pictures but it is not for you.

That aside this is a great book for those who sneakily covet the Apple logo and love all things Mac because with this book you realise that there are plenty of people out there who are worse than you so you must be ok! (That's my excuse and I am sticking to it).

This is an admittedly expensive book that charts the obsessive nature that people sometimes adopt with Macintosh computers and accessorys and it is all the better for the narrow nature of it's subject matter (although the author has plenty to choose from). All Mac diehards need this on their shelf although an update bringing it into this decade would be nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating....if you love Macs..., 7 April 2009
Mr. E. P. Lane "iPod virgin" (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cult of Mac (Paperback edition) (Paperback)
I loved this book. It made me laugh at how daft Mac evangelists can be....then I realised I loved my Mac almost as much...

Now all I have to do is persuade the Wife to let me get an Apple Logo Tattoo. :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, 20 Mar 2007
This review is from: The Cult of Mac (Paperback edition) (Paperback)
This is a really fun and genuinely interesting look into the ever increasing group of people that indulge in the mac world.

I'm a total convert but even those that for some reason still resist... it makes great read.

I bought my copy in pasadena, so right at the centre of the apple world and therefore I am very nostalic about it. The photography is great, the ideas of the fans really impressive and sometimes as advanced as Apple's own. The paper models are fantastic too!

Buy this book! It's a must addition to your collection!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a great book, 15 July 2013
This review is from: The Cult of Mac (Hardcover)
As a Microsoft Certified Engineer, I came in late to the game with Apple, so I wanted to catch up on the back story. The innovation that attracted my to the iPhone, has snowballed into a love of Apple gadgets, and a taste of the "religion" of Apple.

This book explains in detail with many photos the transition from the underdog counter-culture roots of Apple, to the creation of the huge corporate computing establishment - becoming the very thing they sought to undermine.

There are some anecdotes and short stories that give an insight into the man Steve Jobs was, and his pivotal role in turning around Apple's fortunes. Well worth a read - it was delightful.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for Apple lovers, 8 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Cult of Mac (Paperback edition) (Paperback)
Great fun and informative book and a lovely coffee table book for a gadget aficionado. Its very cleanly presented with interesting photographs. I thought I was a devotee until I read this book a saw the lengths of devotion that some people have with anything Apple. As a relative newcomer to Apple ( the 3GS was my first Apple hardware baring iPods ) it was really interesting seeing the development of their machines. Funny that I recalled how much I liked the design of the original iMac on seeing it after a long time.

You'll fly through reading it smiling as you go. If I had one or two slight criticisms its that at times the author seems to reiterate the same facts but really its not that big a problem and it could do with a few extra chapters on the end now I think given the amazing developments at Apple in the last few years. Perhaps their current success will never generate the fanaticism that the early days did given that some people are starting to see getting a mac as a mainstream purchase now.

After reading this though I fancy getting in line for a product launch ha ha!

5.0 out of 5 stars New Religion, 15 Nov 2009
Mariusz Skonieczny "Author" (classicvalueinvestors com) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cult of Mac (Paperback edition) (Paperback)
Apple is one of the few companies, such as Harley Davidson, that has such a strong loyal base of customers that they even tattoo the company's logo on their bodies. These two quotes from the book say it all:

"Apple is like a strange drug that you just can't quite get enough of."

"They shouldn't call it Mac. They should call it crack!"

With the invention of iPods and iPhones, it seems like the entire world is getting addicted to Apple. In this book, readers learn just how loyal the company's customers are toward the brand. For example, people travel around the country to celebrate Apple store openings. I highly recommend this book to anybody interested in Apple.

- Mariusz Skonieczny, author of Why Are We So Clueless about the Stock Market? Learn how to invest your money, how to pick stocks, and how to make money in the stock market

5.0 out of 5 stars Cult of Mac, 29 Oct 2009
Ashley (Derby, Derbyshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Cult of Mac (Paperback edition) (Paperback)
An excellent book. I would recommend to any Mac user. I now intend to buy another book on a related subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Sep 2014
Perfect.

The Cult of Mac (Paperback edition)
The Cult of Mac (Paperback edition) by Leander Kahney (Paperback - 27 Oct 2006)
15.44