5.0 out of 5 stars I'd Rather Be in Charge

1.0 out of 5 stars Charlotte Beers' mystery book
Published on 28 Aug 2012 by Flying story-teller

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd Rather Be in Charge, 4 April 2012
Rolf Dobelli "getAbstract" (Switzerland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: I'd Rather Be in Charge (Hardcover)
Legendary advertising executive Charlotte Beers focuses on the qualities and skills women need to pursue leadership roles, but every professional - male or female - can benefit from her perspectives and strategies. She unabashedly dishes up a fascinating, no-holds-barred blend of her experiences and those of the students at her "X Factor" seminars. The result is a solid, workable strategy for tapping into your innate talents. Beers's mission is to develop females' leadership potential by helping them avoid being "considered womanly at the expense of being seen as leaderly." She emphasizes succeeding by tapping into your essential self. getAbstract endorses her informed autobiography for everyone with higher aspirations on the job and in life.

1.0 out of 5 stars Charlotte Beers' mystery book, 28 Aug 2012
This review is from: I'd Rather Be in Charge (Hardcover)
There is a complete mystery about this book - or should I say these books. We ordered a book entitled 'Winning Women' by Charlotte Beers but instead received one entitled 'I'd Rather Be In Charge' by the same author but with a different ISBN. We sent it back and the same thing happened again. Order one - receive the other. Are they actually the same book? There is no guidance on either the Amazon website or Charlotte Beers' own. However I note that there is another book titled 'Winning Women' which is about women in sport. Under ISBN rules, you are not supposed to use the same name as an existing book so perhaps Charlotte Beers' US publisher found out they could not use 'Winning Women' and were forced to change to another title.
Whether the book is any good, I cannot tell you as we sent it back unread (a received our money back from Amazon without question).
DP

I'd Rather Be in Charge
I'd Rather Be in Charge by Charlotte Beers (Hardcover - 23 Aug 2011)
Used & New from: £0.09