Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 February 2012
Probably the best thing I've listened to under the (ugly) category of self help audio books and I am quite a cynic.This has had a major effect on my outlook on life, performance and results. Brian Tracy is a star.

I would highly recommend this to anyone with an open mind and who wants to change or improve their lives.

In particular I like the very relaxed manner that Brian Tracy delivers messages and information. This isn't just a motivational piece of work, but a really comprehensive package of techniques, delivered in a very educational matter of fact way which if you follow will without doubt help you achieve things you want.

More than recommend, I would urge you to get a copy.
This is Brian Tracy in full flow; lots of points about why you should seek self-discipline and some of how to obtain it. If you have read his books before then you will recognise a good deal of what you find in No Excuses. There is usual old American self-help guff about the author but the points made remain valid and effective. Given that the key advice in such books is broadly the same, author to author, a key feature for the prospective reader is the style of the author. Brian Tracy presents a simple argument (outliers and exceptions being dealt with later in the discussion) with a list of sensible actions. I find his style to be, in general, best suited to British readers and seldom come away without something of value from his books.
on 2 December 2011
Wow what a book. Before I had finished the second chapter I was UP and doing things I had been putting off for months. The book really outlines the urgency of life and how important it is to JUST DO IT!

I hold this book in high esteem and would recommend it for anyone who procrastinates or is generally just a little bit lazy. If you are trying to prioritise what to do next, this book will also help.

Brian Tracy is spot on in this book and I really have enjoyed reading it, I am motivated, inspired and generally more disciplined!!
on 5 June 2013
Having read a couple of books on how to set the mind towards bettering your lifestyle, this book addresses all aspects from work, personal, finance and relationships by providing clear simple thought process that tells us that minor changes in attitudes and behaviours will provide profits towards bettering your lifestyle.
on 2 September 2014
This book starts off well then peters out towards the middle leaving you a bit stranded. The exercises are good if you can be bothered to do them on a daily basis. Ironic as the book is about self-discipline, more of a tips and guidelines book for me, rather than giving definitive answers and addressing the lazy-persons problems for not doing things in the first place. Boring and repetitive in places. You need only buy one Brian Tracy book as they all tend to say the same thing. But give it a go, might work for you.
on 11 September 2010
We all want to "succeed" in life, at whatever it is we define as true success.

This book is reality and its principles work. If you want gimmics or shortcuts, buy something else.

As a downside, I disagree with one or two of the author's comments in the later chapters, especially when he strays onto the subject of faith where I feel he's out of his depth and ill-informed. Otherwise this book would get 5 stars!
on 3 July 2013
A brilliant book... I recommend this book to anyone who wants to live a life that will count for something.
Seriously... this book will make you sit up and make some life-changing decisions...
on 13 June 2011
I took this book to read on holiday. The chapters are brief and the exercises at the end of each chapter are very interesting and need thought. Most, if not all of the concepts are established such as asking questions about various aspects of your life. personal responsibility and detachment. Some of the questions are merely resolutions but the actions are designed to generate much food for thought.

At the end of the day the book's main focus is on Self Discipline and personal responsibility. If you can accept those it all becomes worthwhile.

A good read
on 19 November 2012
It has a very insightful text and really helpful generally. Great great book by the great Brian Tracy - BRAVO!!!
on 9 December 2015
I love Brian Tracy's books. I've read Eat that Frog and Kiss that Frog and although this book contains many of the same ideas, it is presented in a different way. It would be nothing new to regular readers of motivational non fiction books, but if you're reading this sort of material for the first time, then it can offer something of an epiphany. The book is well written and succinct and presents the ideas in a straightforward, easy to understand way. I always re-read segments whenever I need to find my motivation for a particular task. I'd definitely recommend this book and will re-read again and again.