5.0 out of 5 stars This could change your life
Probably the best thing I've listened to under the (ugly) category of self help audio books and I am quite a cynic.This has had a major effect on my outlook on life, performance and results. Brian Tracy is a star.

I would highly recommend this to anyone with an open mind and who wants to change or improve their lives.

In particular I like the very...
Published on 5 Feb 2012 by mothy

2.0 out of 5 stars Same Old
If you've read nothing on personal development this is as good as anything in terms of content, but if you've read one book by BT, I have to say - you've read them all. All the ones I've read contain same advice, different words.
Published 23 months ago by Three Resolutions Guy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This could change your life, 5 Feb 2012

In particular I like the very relaxed manner that Brian Tracy delivers messages and information. This isn't just a motivational piece of work, but a really comprehensive package of techniques, delivered in a very educational matter of fact way which if you follow will without doubt help you achieve things you want.

More than recommend, I would urge you to get a copy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Extremely motivational and inspirational, 2 Dec 2011
This review is from: No Excuses: The Power of Self-Discipline (Paperback)
Wow what a book. Before I had finished the second chapter I was UP and doing things I had been putting off for months. The book really outlines the urgency of life and how important it is to JUST DO IT!

I hold this book in high esteem and would recommend it for anyone who procrastinates or is generally just a little bit lazy. If you are trying to prioritise what to do next, this book will also help.

Brian Tracy is spot on in this book and I really have enjoyed reading it, I am motivated, inspired and generally more disciplined!!

4.0 out of 5 stars The truth about "success", 11 Sep 2010
We all want to "succeed" in life, at whatever it is we define as true success.

This book is reality and its principles work. If you want gimmics or shortcuts, buy something else.

As a downside, I disagree with one or two of the author's comments in the later chapters, especially when he strays onto the subject of faith where I feel he's out of his depth and ill-informed. Otherwise this book would get 5 stars!

4.0 out of 5 stars Just Do It, 24 Jun 2012
Charles Vasey (London, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: No Excuses: The Power of Self-Discipline (Paperback)
This is Brian Tracy in full flow; lots of points about why you should seek self-discipline and some of how to obtain it. If you have read his books before then you will recognise a good deal of what you find in No Excuses. There is usual old American self-help guff about the author but the points made remain valid and effective. Given that the key advice in such books is broadly the same, author to author, a key feature for the prospective reader is the style of the author. Brian Tracy presents a simple argument (outliers and exceptions being dealt with later in the discussion) with a list of sensible actions. I find his style to be, in general, best suited to British readers and seldom come away without something of value from his books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read - FOR ALL, 5 Jun 2013
Chan (Stanmore, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: No Excuses: The Power of Self-Discipline (Paperback)
Having read a couple of books on how to set the mind towards bettering your lifestyle, this book addresses all aspects from work, personal, finance and relationships by providing clear simple thought process that tells us that minor changes in attitudes and behaviours will provide profits towards bettering your lifestyle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 19 Nov 2012
This review is from: No Excuses: The Power of Self-Discipline (Paperback)
It has a very insightful text and really helpful generally. Great great book by the great Brian Tracy - BRAVO!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Same Old, 18 Jan 2013
This review is from: No Excuses: The Power of Self-Discipline (Paperback)
I got the audio book because I needed a healthy kick in the self-discipline pants. BT heads the chapters 'Self-Discipline and......", adds a chapter about something else he's written, and - that's it, no self-discipline imput.
Buy something else.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read when on holiday, 13 Jun 2011
This review is from: No Excuses: The Power of Self-Discipline (Paperback)
I took this book to read on holiday. The chapters are brief and the exercises at the end of each chapter are very interesting and need thought. Most, if not all of the concepts are established such as asking questions about various aspects of your life. personal responsibility and detachment. Some of the questions are merely resolutions but the actions are designed to generate much food for thought.

At the end of the day the book's main focus is on Self Discipline and personal responsibility. If you can accept those it all becomes worthwhile.

A good read

5.0 out of 5 stars What we already know - but need reminding about...(regularly!), 16 Mar 2012
I must have listened to this recording dozens of times all the way through - and not because Brian Tracy is a 'motivational speaker' per se (in fact I find him a bit too quietly spoken for my personal taste - he's a bit monotone). I think the reason it struck a chord with me, is that most people already know that if they were more self disciplined, they'd probably get more done and be happier/more successful; it's answering the question - why can't I get myself to do this or that...?!
Well - he gives a number of ideas that can really help (and have helped me). Making a deal with yourself and keeping to it can be tough, but you can LEARN to be more self disciplined - through practice & starting small. Denying yourself any excuses, and not holidaying on the illusory 'Someday Isle' (some day I'll do that)....
As Yoda said in Star Wars 'do, or do not do - there is no try'. I love that kind of thinking, which is why I think this is such a good programme.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book has changed my life., 15 Jun 2014
This review is from: No Excuses: The Power of Self-Discipline (Paperback)
I love self-help books like this. This book along with Robert Greene's "48 Laws of Power" book helps me to be confident in life and improve my behaviour and cultivate good habits. A great book written by a very wise man who teaches you to control your reactions and accept responsibility for yourself, even if the dilemma or situation you are in was beyond your control.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

No Excuses: The Power of Self-Discipline
No Excuses: The Power of Self-Discipline by Brian Tracy (Paperback - 14 April 2011)