Format: PaperbackChange

on 11 June 2013
This volume includes mainly independent stories about the Aliens universe, few really thrilling novel-like stories and few shorter ones. All have the same style of grim scifi not-really-happy-ending storytelling but the art quality varies from story to story because of the different artists. My copy was badly stapled and the paperback started to loosen from the pages dissapointtingly fast. That is why I give it 4 / 5 stars.
on 5 July 2010
This comic series, started sometime after the release of the film Aliens but before Alien3, did an excellent job of expanding the movie universe into a more fleshed out place (populated by heroic marines, mad scientists and greedy corporations). Dark Horse did the same kind of thing with the Terminator, Predator and Robocop franchises too, and I'm pretty certain that perusing some of those comics, the eagle eyed would spot Dark Horse storylines and plot devices that eventually made it into some of the movie sequels. Most notable would be the Alien/ Predator crossover which of course has its own (albeit a little poor) movie franchise now. In this collection aliens have already been released on Earth and are pretty much running riot. We don't get to see too much more of that arc here, but there are some interesting stories focussing elsewhere in the galaxy. I bought this because I always loved Will Simpson art from his days drawing the Bloodline stories for Dredd, but was a little dismayed to find that he was only responsible for the first few pages, and that the sample pages shown here are by far his best from the book. Also disappointing was the final story in this book, where the action starts to move closer to the alien-infested Earth. It may just be me, but I had very little idea what was meant to be going on, and ended up putting the book down on a disappointing low, rather than finishing with a celebratory high that would convince me to read on.
on 24 December 2014
Some of the stories are good, some are not so good
, the art changes from excellent to barely acceptable too.

Should be a lot cheaper

Merry Xmas
on 6 May 2015
good condition and awesome for the Aliens fans out there
on 4 May 2015
Excellent!
on 24 February 2015
Perfect :)
on 19 July 2010
I only got this for nostalgia my friends like this. Really just what you'd expect,some nice art,poor storytelling.
0Comment0 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse