on 1 January 2016
By the time I got this book, it had cost about 24.50 euro, to Ireland. I had ignored the 2 star review posted on Amazon, reckoning anything of Mark Twains' would be well worth having. I was wrong. There is virtually no content in this book. There are drawings, but, of no exceptional quality or addition to the very few quotes of Mark Twain himself. I bought this as a gift for a young girl, and am very disappointed.
on 31 May 2014
Delightful illustrated book, perfect as a gift, either to a young girl or yourself. The drawings are beautiful and the contents are wonderfully cartoon like.
on 9 August 2014
Lovely little book,hard covered,tongue in cheek advice for my grandaughter ,hopefully she will treasure it .
on 25 July 2015
A charming book, beautifully illustrated. Quirky and timeless.
on 22 February 2014
Pretty, arty, quirky but actually very thin and expensive. The publishers obviously think they are very clever. They've got my money so obviously they are. It's a silly book that will have Twain turning in his grave.
on 30 June 2015
Really funny and great advice for little girls
on 7 January 2015
Interesting book with delightful artwork
on 25 October 2013
I bought this book for my young daughter (11 years) - it has unusual illustrations and really quirky messages for little girls.
on 23 January 2014
Seems an old fashioned cover. but the advice is as good today as it was back then when it was written.
on 20 November 2015
Sorry, but this book is outrageously expensive for what it is. I rarely am prompted to write reviews but this is just a rip off. It is hardback and nicely produced but there is so little content in this book. The publisher should be embarrassed to ask so much for so little. I love Mark Twain, the writing is included is great. But there must be more they could have included. And if there isn't, why on earth dedicate a whole book to it? I will be contacting the publisher and making my feelings known. Buy your daughter The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn instead when she is old enough to read it.