5.0 out of 5 stars Accessible Biblical exposition, 15 Jun 2013
William Cohen (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Covenant & Conversation: A Weekly Reading of the Jewish Bible, Genesis: The Book of Beginnings (Hardcover)
I'm not Jewish, but I like the way Jonathan Sacks sees the world. I also think the Bible is our most important book. So to read his insights into the character of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Joseph is very intellectually satisfying. He's not at all academic, he just explains what the Jewish interpretations are.

The essays are short which means it's easy to pick up and put down. I find his ideas motivate me to go back to the texts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great teaching, 1 July 2014
As a messianic "Gentile" believer, I first saw Rabbi Sacks on a TV interview and observed that he conducted himself very well. Since then I have engaged with his teachings and subscribed to his regular Covenant & Conversation emails. He brings something to the Word that others do not - and it is heart-warming and illuminating.
We thoroughly recommend this book to all those who believe in the Word and are seeking greater insight than run-of-the-mill christian publications might bring. It is about lifestyle as much a theology, and Sacks introduces many examples to illustrate points from the Word