5.0 out of 5 stars A truly inspiring read
Published on 5 Jun 2011 by Jan kent

2.0 out of 5 stars sad stories
Published 19 months ago by Ms P Louise

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly inspiring read, 5 Jun 2011
What a lovely book this is.I am so glad I downloaded this. It it full of anecdotes and stories that are thought provoking. I have been a vegetarian for about 40 years now but after reading this book I will seriously make a concerted effort to be vegan. The book reads just like the title suggests as a daily dip into book or as a full read through.I also like the recipes that are easy to follow and with readily available ingredients (unlike some cookbooks).
Meat as a diet is not necessary to good health (I am a very fit 73 years young vegetarian)in fact this book proves the opposite and I would encourage anyone who is thinking about becoming vegetarian/vegan to read it and enjoy and act upon it.

2.0 out of 5 stars sad stories, 22 May 2013
This review is from: Vegan's Daily Companion: 365 Days of Inspiration for Cooking, Eating, and Living Compassionately (Paperback)
I was looking forward to this book as it had such good reviews. but it is full of stories of animal abuse and cruelty and features about how they are used in the meat industry. I don't actually want to read this, and I don't care if this makes me 'a bad vegan'. I just want to do my bit and not support any products/companies that use animal products wherever possible. I also thought the recipes were not great and have not been inspired to try any. Sad really, but looked at this book and then put it away and will probably give it to charity now.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book, 31 Dec 2012
Very thought provoking, sad in parts, but ultimately very inspiring. A combination of stories, recipes and opportunities to get involved. A real treat for animal lovers.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very well written, useful and uplifting book, 6 May 2013
I recently became vegan, and this is one of the books I have been reading to get recipe ideas, interesting facts about the vegan lifestyle and inspirational support for living the life I have chosen. I must say that I find Colleen Patrick-Goudreau's writing style to be flowing and very pleasant to read. The content of the book is brilliant. The tasty sounding recipe ideas and facts about food and drink are practical and useful. There are also a large number of interesting facts about, for example, veganism in the arts. I would wholeheartedly recommend this book to anyone who is a vegan, or is thinking about giving it a try. A wonderful read, and one I'm sure that I will continue to dip into in the coming years.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book to while away a pleasant afternoon, 18 May 2013
Lovely book to sip a herbal tea, daydream, dip in and out of. Some articles are light and entertaining, scatter of recipes are inspiring, whilst other areas challenge ideals particularly for a vegetarian in transition to veganism like myself. Really glad I purchased this. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book to treasure, 8 Mar 2013
This book is special .....its the kind of book i can pick up again and again and always
find inspiration from . The recipes are wonderful , with full colour pictures and the stories
of animal rescue are a joy . Their is also a spiritual element to the book that i love and also
advice on oganic gardening . I love this book !

5.0 out of 5 stars vegan or not you'll love this book, 26 Aug 2011
Full of heart rendering true stories, nutrional tips and recipies this is a book that will inspire you and that you will return to again and again. Whether you're just starting out on your vegan journey or are a vegan veteran this book is a must for everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 3 Aug 2011
This is a wonderful book. It makes a nice change to see lots of different ideas in one book. There are receipes, tales of hope for some fortunate animals, stories from other vegans, and more. Colleen, you are a very beautiful person. Thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very positive and inspiring, 16 July 2012
I love the simple and positive approach to veganism and the nice mix of recipes, motivational posts, facts and beautiful images. Whether you read a litle bit each day or skim through it for the bits that you are interested in, you'll find loads of useful advice and inspirational stories about living ethically and compassionately.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 21 Jan 2014
Good book but some of the suggestions are a bit weak and flaky,if you can overlook that it's enjoyable and inspiring,good for any vegan,vegetarian or demi-veg!

Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available