4.0 out of 5 stars Art lab for (adults to use with ) kids
Published 19 months ago by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
Not the best. Activities aren't the most inventive.
Published 7 months ago by Lindsey Davies

4.0 out of 5 stars Art lab for (adults to use with ) kids, 2 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Art Lab For Kids: 52 Creative Adventures in Drawing, Painting, Printmaking, Paper, and Mixed Media - For Budding Artists of All Ages (Paperback)
I have bought this book as a birthday gift for my 8yr old nephew, but having flicked through it and read the blurb on the back I feel it is a book for adults to use to guide, teach, instruct children, not necessarily a book a child will use independently. However it looks very useful and there are some fab ideas in there and it appears well constructed and thought out ( based upon my flick through it) I bought it based on the great reviews here, but don't expect it to be the sort of book you can toss to your child to keep them quiet and busy for a few hrs while you get on with other things, I would suggest it needs your attention too. I am glad I bought it, but I am worried my nephew will find it a little inaccessible due to the adult style of writing and instructions. On the plus side it means I can go over to see him and we can work through it together. A great way to introduce children to different ways of making art and having fun while doing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Inspirting Book, 6 July 2012
A fantastic book containing 52 art projects - exploring all sorts of different tools and media - from pastels, to scribble drawings, to printing making, to collages. All the arty stimulation to keep you inspired and motivated for the whole year (and probably longer).

Wonderfully laid out - with a Meet the Artist Section (perfect for you "Kids Get Arty" project), Materials, Planning and Doing. Finally a small section on "Going Further" - giving you ideas of what else you could to enhance your art or use the technique again.

I also like how Susan shows her students - of all age groups doing different projects. Which makes me feel confident that we will get many years use out of it and that my children will rediscover projects again and again, whilst also learning a little about "real" artists.

Great projects. Great photos. Great book.

I am sure you will be inspired!

5.0 out of 5 stars creative, 16 Mar. 2012
K. Platt "blackplantlady" (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Never mind rainy day activities, kids will be thrilled to use this book all year round, come rain or shine. It's excellent for busy mums and for art teachers too. Children of all ages will enjoy releasing their inner artist. Each lesson looks at the style of a contemporary artist and can be used in many ways. Uses lots of different media. 52 creative adventures. I think even adults will enjoy this - think of Picasso and his famous words about children and art. We need to find our inner child, that freedom to be uninhibited. This review first appeared on yarnsandfabrics website.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for a new teacher, 8 Jan. 2014
Theses little activities are perfect for all ages and are a good starting point for larger activities. I have loved using this.

4.0 out of 5 stars A review - by my 4 year old son, 10 July 2013
This book has lots of great ideas of activities to do. Mummy says we can do lots of them over the summer holidays when I am not at school. I have looked through the book with Mummy and our favourite things are the different ideas of painting and the ice-cube drawing looks really fun when it is sunny. I can't wait to try lots of the different activities with Mummy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Accessible art, 14 Jun. 2014
A fabulous resource/ideas book if you are spending time creating artwork with your own children or teaching primary ages. I originally bought a copy for my niece & liked it so much I bought another as a class resource.

4.0 out of 5 stars New ideas, 23 Feb. 2013
Berit Hals (Madrid, Spain) - See all my reviews
I teach painting to children and I am always looking for new ideas for woks to do.
This book has some very interesting onces to do with them

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book for ideas, 29 May 2015
Fantastic book for ideas. I have already used many of the idea and will now always look to it for ideas when planning art lessons for my class.

5.0 out of 5 stars Art Lab for kids, 26 Sept. 2013
Got it next day..in great condition. I read it immediately...I recommend it to anyone wanting to explore, either for themselves or with kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars art love, 29 Dec. 2013
great ideas, so much I want to try out and make with the grand children. Think more art sessions are on the cards