5.0 out of 5 stars A Breath of Fresh Air
I only received this yesterday and already I love it.
Inside are all sorts of mixed media techniques for paints that you can adapt according to which materials you use and what you like.
For those who like written instructions they are clear, simple and easy to follow. The visuals show a step by step process that makes it very obvious what to do.
You could...
Published on 21 April 2009 by Klair

2.0 out of 5 stars Quite disappointed really.
Having read so many reviews of this book saying how brilliant it was I couldn't wait to get my hands on a copy. I am, however, quite disappointed by it.
I was expecting an encyclopedia of techniques, instead its mostly a showcase of the authors artwork, which to be honest is all very samey.

This book may be okay for absolute beginners or for kids but for...
Published 16 months ago by Abi

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Breath of Fresh Air, 21 April 2009
Klair (Newcastle Under Lyme, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I only received this yesterday and already I love it.
You could reproduce every project in the book exactly as you see it, or you could use the techniques to do something entirely different.
Creative books lately seem to fall into 2 catergories; wishy washy 'dealing with not actually being creative but wanting to be' for beginners, and 'high-brow arty books that insist you have to do everything by the rules' for art students.
This is neither. It's all good cold hard facts about how things work and what you can do with them to mix them up and create original pieces of artowrk. It's a real mish-mash of getting your hands dirty and using simple products in a new way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 4 April 2010
Diana (Sintra, Portugal) - See all my reviews
This book really is a workshop! Ann Baldwin explains in great detail how to produce the effects she shows in her own works. She explains about mediums and glues, about composing, how to create different textures, layering paint and decoupage, encaustics (which I haven't tried yet!), and many more fascinating explanations. I think this book covers just about everything one might want to learn about mixed media and I find it truly inspirational. Highly recommendable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiration!, 22 Mar 2010
[ASIN:1592534562 Creative Paint Workshop for Mixed-Media Artists: Experimental Techniques for Composition, Layering, Texture, Imagery, and Encaustic]]

This book is very detailed and nicely presented. Lots of ideas for collages and useful for those new to the craft. Very impressed with the swift delivery too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, 7 May 2010
Irene Freitas (Portugal) - See all my reviews
Very good photos, very easy to read and to consult, accurate tips and explanations.Most interesting for different kinds of artists.

5.0 out of 5 stars inspiring, 11 Mar 2010
A.L. (North Wales) - See all my reviews
This book is inspiring! Clear photographs, and plenty of information. Shows you an exciting way to use acrylic paints in mixed media artwork.

5.0 out of 5 stars This one wont be going back on Amazon, 8 Jun 2009
Sharon Goodsall (UK) - See all my reviews
This is the best workshop book I have bought, Ann Baldwin dosnt hold back and gives her all. Whilst I do not work the same it has been very useful.
This is the first practical book I havent just read and then resold, this ones for keeps for future reference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Creative workshop for mix-media, 3 July 2009
Mr. Trevor K. Barnard (Kent England) - See all my reviews
I only occassionaly do mix-media and this book certainly makes you want to do more.Easy to follow stages with good clear pictures. anyone who wishes to do mix-media can certainly do with this book. highly recomended for starter or more advanced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring!, 1 Sep 2009
Artemisia (Wellington NZ) - See all my reviews
I have been working in mixed media for a while but it is always good to get extra inspiration and learn new techniques from someone who has the time to experiment! I thoroughly recommend this book and I'm sure it will be well used in my studio.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 29 Dec 2010
D. G. Meredith (Terenure, Dublin 6W, Ireland) - See all my reviews
Been stuck in a creative black hole for ages. Got this book for Xmas. Bingo! It seemed to unlock a flood of ideas and with its clear description of techniques and suggestions, I've been able to create some very pleasing (to me) work.

2.0 out of 5 stars Quite disappointed really., 27 Mar 2013
This review is from: Creative Paint Workshop for Mixed-Media Artists: Experimental Techniques for Composition, Layering, Texture, Imagery, and Encaustic (Paperback)

This book may be okay for absolute beginners or for kids but for artists it has no use.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›