5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! I love this book
Published on 11 Aug 2005

1.0 out of 5 stars A missed opportunity
I agree to a certain extent with the last review, but have a strong gripe of my own. I bought this book for a quick reference to show me how combinations of fonts work. I wanted something inspiring that's super quick to use, as a well designed object should be.

Published on 28 April 2007 by Kermit

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! I love this book, 11 Aug 2005
By A Customer
OK, so I may be sad that I can get so over-excited by a book jam-packed full of typo treatments but it's true. I'm a designer, I need constant stimulation and inspiration and this, the latest in the series of 1,000 (Graphic Elements and I think Greetings before it), hits the spot. My girlfriend, who isn't a designer or anything like (she works for the local council!), even likes dipping into it but she doesn't know why! It's a must-have for the designer's desk.

1.0 out of 5 stars A missed opportunity, 28 April 2007

My major gripe with this book is that you have to refer to an index at the back to see what fonts are used for any given design ~ this is very frustrating. I think it really is a missed opportunity because there is a huge area of blank (wasted) space on each page where that all important information should be. Instead of using this space, the author will have you flipping from the page with the design you're interested in to the back of the book to find out which design agency did the work then you have to find the design number under their listing just to find out which fonts are used! A total waste of time and a very good example of bad design!

This one's going back to Amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars All just soulless style :(, 7 Mar 2007
No analysis of why any of the type was selected. This book is just anything that plays with type; most of it I have to say is poor. Looks more to me like just get a lot of `nice' and trendy images of type, don't think what they are for, if they work. It's the sort of book you pick up and flick through. If like me you bough it, you think what a waste of money, printing and paper. I'm tired of this kind of book that one learns nothing from; it's just sickly sweet candy for the eyes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for inspiration, 9 April 2008
Jens Ahrengot Boddum (Denmark) - See all my reviews
I bought this one a couple of months ago, and i have used it as a source of inspiration for almost every piece of display typography i've had to put together since then.

It's a bible of what's possible if you spend money on spot colors, metallics and things like that, but it's also great inspiration for your daily headers, covers etc. if you want to give them that extra something.

I really enjoy the way it's been divided up into: flyers+leaflets, books + magazines, logos + stationary, brochures, posters + banners, 3D + Outdoor + Digital(web mostly). It makes it very easy and fast to find inspiration for just the kind of assignment you're working on.

As someone esle mentioned each example has a number assigned to it. If you go in the back of the books there's a database of all these numbers, where it says who did the work, who was the client, which designers and art directors worked on it. what program was used and which fonts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 21 May 2006
Tara (Northants, UK) - See all my reviews
This book is excellent if you want to look at inspirational modern typography. I have been looking for something along these lines for ages. Great if your stuck for typographic ideas. I thought this book was so good I then bought 1000 graphic elements too.

5.0 out of 5 stars So useful, 18 May 2014
This review is from: 1,000 Type Treatments: From Script to Serif: From Script to Serif, Letterforms (Paperback)
I bought this for inspiration and resourcing, it's great for that, it provides work and ideas that I wouldn't have considered, and this reshapes my on projects thinking.

2.0 out of 5 stars Could be better, 25 Oct 2013
Mr. Jp McAree "Jay" (NI) - See all my reviews
A book that contains pretty pictures but lacks description of why the designer did the things he/she chose to do, no examples of grid and layout how it is used and it doesn't tell me the names of fonts used in the designs that are used. As theory in visual communication and graphic design is very important to me as a designer pretty pictures just isn't good enough, shows good examples of nice design this is pointless without reason, tell me what the project was and what was the brief.

5.0 out of 5 stars what a good book, 20 Mar 2011
I'ma big fan of graphic design, and typography is one of the most amazing graphic area.
This book inspires me each time I open it.
One more in my library that I won't be bored to open again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Treat yourself, 8 April 2009
D. Ralph - See all my reviews
Another great book from the 1000 range, help in times of desperation and needed inspiration, these are all great books and will help you in the low times when designing!

4.0 out of 5 stars typo candy, 30 Aug 2006
loopy_lou (somewhere i wish i wasnt) - See all my reviews
The book its self is very nice its one of those that feels nice and when u open it u think oh this is nice , lots to see not too much writing but it does tell u who designed each piece and then at the back it tells u what software , typeface was used etc , its the sort of book u pick up to cheer yourself up when ur sick of looking at the same old tierd stuff and u come away thinking that was nice and refreshing.

I have now decieded to buy the image treatments too purley down to this book

1,000 Type Treatments: From Script to Serif: From Script to Serif, Letterforms