on 19 January 2008
I bought this drill book hoping to get the bare bone instructions on how to master the several skills necessary to play good golf. Unfortunately it turns out to be verbose. I wonder why the author finds it necessary to waste readers' time by telling stories in the practice procedures and on occasions not giving a crisp description of the particular drill. I am not impressed by his constant referrals to the great players who have used the drills. I just want drills and their scientific or mechanical logical basis, period. Worse, the pictures are of very poor quality, save the 8 drills in colour. Even for those, he does not even bother to refer the reader to the relevant page in the book for the details. The writer says there are 8 steps in the golf swing but there are no clear drills that make the reader identify all. The book's main plus is the X-factor theory which I have tested and found very true. I suggest the next edition should be about half the current size, the drills more to the point and pictures clear enough to see the balls and clubs.
on 8 April 2015
Some decent drills. But mostly not great to be honest. Jim Maclean isn't the most inspiring coach IMHO all the x factor stuff is nonsense.
on 4 April 2014
This is an excellent book I very much enjoyed reading it. Lots of information. Picked up lots of tips. Would recommend to others.
on 23 November 2014
An excellent reference book for golf coaches.
on 8 October 2014
Very good liked it very much
on 6 December 2011
Golf Digest's Ultimate Drill Book by Jim Mclean is a book every handicap golfer should have.Every aspect of the game is covered with easy to understand drills designed to improve the golfer.
Well worth the money
on 7 February 2012
I am very glad to my purchase. Thank you for your service. The book have good aspect and is correct to use. PL