Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 July 2008
best book i have read about elvis.jerry told things about elvis and himself which were personal and those are the things we want to know it felt as if all his wonderfull work(songs)were captured in this book along with all of their family and friends what an adventure.elvis was an amazing man thats why i am a fan but jerry was not just his employer but as the book says lifelong friend,like normal people they had their ups and downs.well done jerry couldent put the book down
on 12 April 2015
some interesting points on elvis however I found this book by jerry boring at times and he talked too much about himself
on 27 May 2015
I really enjoyed this book. I have read a few books about Elvis's life and I think this one is about the best. Jerry Schilling writes well and obviously loved Elvis very much as this shines through a lot. He has been respectful as well (unlike some books!) and overall the book is very interesting. A must have for any Elvis fan.
on 2 December 2015
A wonderful read recalling memories from a close friend of a true legend. As a life long Elvis fan, some parts were uncomfortable to read and not as I imagined, however it shows a true and honest account. Thank you Jerry Schilling, for this book and being such a loyal and supportive friend of Elvis, TCB !
on 10 March 2013
I've been an Elvis fan since the 70's, decided to get this book for my new Kindle, really impressed with the book, generally we see Elvis the star, the image and the legend, this book shows so many other facets to his life, it's wonderful to hear about what Jerry shared with Elvis. Well worth getting.
on 12 April 2016
Fabulous in depth account of a friend's life with Elvis. Really enjoyed this book, and it fits in with everything else I have read re Elvis (which is everything!). This is a true, honest account of the time Jerry Schilling spent with his friend. Definitely 'unputdownable'!
I recommend.
on 4 November 2014
Couldn't put this book down, love jerry. He was a great friend to elvis. Very interesting to read how they met
and the antics they got up to, funny but also sad in parts. Had me wanting to know what was on the next page.
Great book, must read if your an elvis fan.
on 19 January 2015
The has got to be THE BEST EVER Elvis book that I've read. It was written and told so well, that I could almost visualise what I was reading. It takes you on an amazing and exciting journey through Elvis life. I was totally hooked, and couldn't put this book down.
on 18 July 2012
This is the best elvis book I've read! It captures elvis through his friends eyes as part of the inner circle it's the truth! It was very interesting! Really enjoyed it! No bitterness or animosity just a friendship that started in the strangest of ways
on 2 February 2013
I have always had my doubts concerning the so called Memphis mafia and whether they were actual friends or just milking Elvis, I truly feel Jerry was a true friend to Elvis, its a fantastic book and I take my hat off to Jerry.