5.0 out of 5 stars Thought I knew it all. I didn't!
I've been vegan for 2 and a half years and am no stranger to beans: burgers, pates, chucking them in all sorts of dishes. I was a bit sceptical buying this book on that basis, but I've picked up some useful new ideas on how to sneak these protein bombs into a range of dishes. Recommended to bean experts and newbies alike.
Published 14 months ago by J. Mitchell

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing...
Published 17 months ago by M. R.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought I knew it all. I didn't!, 3 Oct 2013
J. Mitchell "Jase" (Brighton, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Great Vegan Bean Book: More than 100 Delicious Plant-Based Dishes Packed with the Kindest Protein in Town! - Includes Soy-Free and Gluten-Free Recipes! (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good and new ideas, 8 July 2013
I really like this book but it could do with less soup recipes. Looking forward to trying out all the new and different beans and legumes. I find it helpful too that the nutritional breakdown is there for all the recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 4 Nov 2013
Easy and tasty re spies. I've never known what to do with lentils and beans other than in soup or stew. This book changes all that. Recommended for vegans and anyone trying to avoid dairy in their diet!

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 11 April 2014
I have bean vegan for only a short period of time. I really struggle with making beans interesting.
This book is so inspiring it even has my meat eating husband asking me to make make him dishes!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not just a load of old beans!, 22 Sep 2014
A really different set of recipes for sneaking beans into just about everything. I read the recipes and thought they wouldn't work, that the combinations of ingredients were perhaps a little too off centre, but so far I've been wrong. I recommend this book for its sheer innovation and recipes that appear to be tried and tested. I'm losing my nervousness now and enjoying the recipes; it feels like a bit of a culinary journey for someone who doesn't like beans all that much.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 9 Oct 2014
Wilkie "Kit" (Derbyshire, England) - See all my reviews
I love it, though my family and friend may not. Lots of ways for a vegan to get adequate, and tasty protein.
And a good way of sticking one in the eye of all those carnivores who squeal what do you do for protein and vitamins.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing..., 11 July 2013
The book has some good information on how to cook different types of beans but gives no info on their different benefits and nutritional values. It has measurements in ounces/ grams/ cups which is a plus. However, as to soy free and gluten free options, the author simply writes "use soy free" in recipes that ask for nondairy milk and "use gluten free" in recipes that ask for wholewheat flour for example. Considering the book advertises on the cover that it includes soy free and gluten free recipes, I expected it to at the very least provide a recipe for a gluten free flour mix that is suitable to be used in the recipes. The way it is written may be just fine if you live in a place where you can get hold of these products, but if you don't it's pretty useless and in my opinion comes across as lazy. Not all the recipes have pictures, which is totally fine, but in some of the pics the food looks incredibly dry and unappealing (such as the "Don't be crabby cakes", page 101). It is not a book that makes me want to cook and it's a huge disappointment...