5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, nice tips, 17 Feb 2013
Conny Spelbrink (Puntallana, La Palma Espana) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Most Effective Ways to Live Longer: The Surprising, Unbiased Truth about What You Should Do to Prevent Disease, Feel Great, and Have Optimum Healt (Paperback)
Definitely an interesting book for anybody who want to grow old as healthy as possible or simply does NOT want to grow old!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lifestyle and Nutrition to Improve Health, 31 Mar 2013
Donald Scott (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I like this author. I've heard him lecture on Nutrition and preventing heart disease. He promotes a reliance on using diet and nutrition and other lifestyle changes to off-set the natural effects of ageing. He is enthusiastic and has a way of making his material come to life for those who haven't a background on biology or biochemistry. He breaks down the ageing process into 4 separate biochemical issues, and explains how to minimise their effects. This approach aims at the intelligent reader who wants to get informed by someone used to teaching on a one on one basis.

We don't think about what state of health we are going to end up with in out latter years. What we do in early and middle years will greatly influence our genetics and tendencies towards heart disease & stroke, diabetes, osteoporosis, dementia, arthritis and all the rest. I don't believe that drugs really have a lot to offer for minimising the processes of ageing. They may have short-term beneficial effects but long-term negative consequences. Most drugs like statins are over-hyped and are often prescribed indiscriminately for all groups of patients, instead of being focused on the minority that are at risk. Drugs are a drain on society and don't give value for money in improving health outcomes.

Jonny Bowden's approach helps educate us to weigh up the pros and cons of using medicine or nutrition to get and stay healthy. Thoroughly recommended to those interested in enjoying a healthy old age without an over-reliance on mainstream medicine.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, 2 Mar 2013
I've read this book and am now Immortal. Proof: I am alive. I've been alive ever since I've read this book, and I think it is working. IRON LOGIC, THATS HOW WE ROLL.