1 Review

3.0 out of 5 stars Frustratingly, the bits I want are not there., 21 Jun 2007
D. Martin "DpMDpMDpM" (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: More OPENGL Game Programming (Paperback)
So, I bought this book mainly for model animation using keyframe interpolation. Really I wanted to load ms3d files with animations and render them on screen using Delphi. I'd got as far as loading models without animation and rendering them myself - this book, I thought, would allow me to progress to animation - yes, I know the book does not have Delphi code snippets, but I hoped it would give me the relevant background.

Anyway... model animation is chapter 11. Imagine my disappointment when I realised this is a very limited chapter and really points you to 'the examples' that accompany the book. So, I go to the companion website and I download 60mb of .zip file to have a look at the example... lo and behold, the .zip file contains chapters 1 to 10 and 12 onwards - but 11 is mysteriously missing!

I have sent an email to the author, as he suggests in the book, but have had no reply.

I am sure the rest of the book is up to the same quality as its predecessor, "Beginning OpenGL Game Programming" which I have found really useful in my Delphi / OpenGL world but, to be frank, I've put it down for the time being because I'm still trying to progress the thing that I bought the book for, which it does not cover, even though it is supposed to! A huge disappointment really.

More OPENGL Game Programming
More OPENGL Game Programming by Dave Astle (Paperback - Jun 2005)
38.86