Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 September 2009
I first heard this story on audio as told by the author at a Christian meeting. Although I found the message deeply disturbing I fully trust his integrity. Having recently written my own book A12 To Heaven which gives an account of visions into Heaven after the deaths of my two teenage daughters in a car crash, I fully understand the difficulty of the author in describing things which are outside of normal human experience.

As a Christian, I was surprised at the description of Hell being in the centre of the earth but not at the brutality being encounterd. Hell is described in the Bible as being reserved for Satan and his demons. God does not intend man to be there as well, sharing such a place with such hideous beings. But if man rejects God there is no other place for him to go except the one place in creation where God withdraws his presence - hell.

I take what Bill says at face value and it doesn't contradict the Bible. However he does talk of mysteries that can only serve as a warning - no one can verify the truth of them unless they go there themselves. All that can be done is to check it against the Bible and to look to the character of the person giving the account. From what I heard on the audio, this was amply vouched for. I was also impressed with the humility of the man in telling his experience. It doesn't make sense to say he is making this up or is deluded
22 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 November 2007
What can you say about a story - or testimony in this case - which paints a graphic depiction of hell as a real place which just COULD be your final destination when you leave this planet? At least within a story there is the comfort that the torment lies primarily in the mind of the author and need not become yours.

Visits to heaven and hell are becoming much more widely documented these days - if God is warning us through ordinary people in our modern day, just as He has done though all history - then this book is worth a look BUT it isn't a preachy sermon of a book. Rather an invitation from God to accept His way OUT of judgement, in the form of His Son Jesus Christ, but if you get this book, some descriptions of what was seen are not easy to stomach.
22 comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 July 2009
Very thought provoking -quite a challenge and loved the way the book was backed all the way through with scripture.
Definitely a book to make you realise how important it is to share the truth of the gospel with people - especially those you love who are not Christians.
on 20 January 2009
I found this book to be an incredible account of Hell and have no doubt that Bill Weise is 100% genuine. The details of his account are thought provoking and confronting.

As a self confessed sinner ("all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God"Romans3:23) this book reminds me of how much I need the salvation that Jesus freely gives to anyone willing to accept it.
on 23 November 2010
Be prepared for an uncomfortable read. But as a committed christian, it served to highlight for me what a very real and awful place hell is and to renew my thanks to God that through Jesus' sacrifice on the cross, I need never have to go there. I am truly saved from hell! But many of my friends and work colleagues aren't and it has given my personal evangelism and witness a strong kick up the backside. There is an urgeny here because people are dying each moment of the day and many will take that route unless we do all we can to prevent it happening. Very well backed up by Biblical references. A very powerful book.
on 8 December 2009
This is an amazing testimony and one that all need to take note of.This experience is supported by many scriptures and many of Christs own words. I would encourage the reading of this and personal heart searching of where one stands as an individual regarding their position when they pass from this life. Heaven and hell are real places and one needs to ensure that they do not risk spending eternity in the awful place described in this book.
on 3 December 2007
I think this is an excellent book, great to give people who have not come to the Lord and think hell in just a myth. Jesus is real, heaven is real and so is hell. This book tells the truth that if people do not come to know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour they will be spending eternity there
on 24 March 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and very much believe the experiences of the writer are true.
What I particularly liked was the fact that Bill Wiese backed up what he saw and heard with God's word in the Bible.
He actually took the time to research the meaning of his experiences in the Bible and points us to the book, chapter and verses where they can be found in the Holy book
This is a must read for everyone, whatever your beliefs and a warning to the world
I purchased two extra copies as gifts for family and a friend
on 17 May 2011
Find out if the truth is stranger and more frightening than fiction. Remember as you read it "It is the truth and it is awaiting you" UNLESS
1414 comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 December 2012
Very readable, easy to see how much better it would be if we left hell to the devil and his angels, and we made our home with God, in heaven.