Format: Hardcover|Change

on 14 April 2009
For me, this book is what I've been waiting for. About the absolute health of my body. Just what I've been looking for for a long time.
Easy to read and understand (for me anyway) As I am a senior citizen, who has, unfortunately, arrived at this age with several medical problems and hospitalizations - also taking lots of prescribed medication - I longed for some explanation to "why?" am I in this place of discomfort, pain and a rescrictive life!! I now 'see' where I have gone wrong and what to do. It seems so understandable as to 'where' 'what' and 'why' I have gone wrong - or misunderstood my situation.
Within weeks of starting this book (it is read one chapter - one day at a time, enabling us to 'take in' all the information' and to completely understand) I have not only changed my outlook but some of my routines etc. Though I am still learning and have a way to go, I am seeing benefits already - and will continue to live this way. 'Here's to my 100th birthday'!!!!
on 3 January 2012
This book is amazing, been wanting to buy it for a year now, as I was fascinated to hear this doctor speak on health issues on television, but I hadn't jotted down his name, only a few months ago, I found this book for sale at a church and then got it via Amazon, what I love about the book, is that He writes it in a very simple easy to understand way, although He is a doctor, he speaks very plainly and goes straight to the point.
I also wanted this book, because I had been experiencing tiredness and just generally unwell and unhappy body at 32, but neither me or the doctors could put the finger on it, straight away as I started reading the first chapters I realized what part of the problem was, followed the advise and the results were visible within days.
Also found it very easy to follow as it is structured as a diary so you would read a new fact and advice per day, which breaks things up making it easy to digest.
Another thing I love about this book is that is from the point view of prevention, I am sick and tired of maintenance, I prefer prevention, I don't want to get to my 40's feeling like an 60 year old, this book is a treasure and a must have for good health in general, and best of all very easy and fun to read which is usually quite hard to find in this category of reading.
on 4 July 2014
i SUFFER FROM oSTEOARTHRITIS AND THIS BOOK HAS BECOME A TRUE PILLAR TO ME AND VERY VERY HELPFUL
on 27 April 2014
Excellent. Helps you to realise how your body works and what you need to do to sustain it healthy. Now realise that water is the source of all life and can help with weight loss.
on 11 September 2014
Amazing! Lots of things to learn about water, sleep etc. On day 21 now, it's making a difference already. Thank you Dr Colbert.
on 28 October 2013
The book was good value and in an excellent condition. I was very pleased with my purchase, exactly as advertised.
on 14 October 2013
VEry good book ,but thought there would be a bigger variety of healthy food.Fine as a quick reader book to read
on 6 March 2015
Excellent! Have several books and better health as a result of my taking the advice..
on 18 October 2013
I am pleased I read this book as I found the way in which it takes you though a journey, reading one chapter every day for 50 days examining a comprehensive profile of what it means to be 'healthy', a helpful process. It was a good amount of time to bed new habits in and it drew me away from thinking about dieting to living healthily which is waht I was hoping for when I set out to read it. However, in one of the first chapters, the author recommends a thing called 'Hexagonal Water', which I found to be widely disputed by the scientific community and if you were to buy a product to produce it, it would set you back £1000s! God can look after your health without you spending thousands! It was also unnerving that he only recommends his own products and made me take the whole book with a, 'pinch of salt'. Great concept for a book- would be better if it was put together by several doctors and featured more widely -held views.
on 5 July 2015