5.0 out of 5 stars Stories Sell
Published 13 months ago by Big H

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic and Unrealistic $10,000 for a logo in the 21st Century!?
This book is very basic - the majority of it is a story about a guy who owns an advertising agency and how he is advised each week to change it from a service company to a product based company by specialising in one area of advertising ... specifically logo design. So the guys puts together a "proprietary" 5 step logo creation process ... which amounts to listing the 5...
Published 12 months ago by S Clark

5.0 out of 5 stars Stories Sell, 19 Nov 2013
Having seen this recommended as "One of the top 10 business books" I decided to see what the fuss was about. What makes this book different is that Warrillow has cleverly crafted his vast experience into a very readable story. The underlying premise is that you need to lessen the reliance on your own presence in your business and make it self sustainable without you. In effect you change your offering from a service to a product and teach others how to provide that product. This is what then attracts interested buyers.
If you want to create realisable value for your business I would recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book!, 17 Feb 2012
This review is from: Built To Sell: Creating a business that can thrive without you (Hardcover)
For more than 20 years I have struggled to make my business independent of myself, but I have never managed. I've always known that I do something wrong, but not until I read Built to Sell did I understand what I've done wrong.

The book is easy to read, even for non-English speakers. Being a big E-Myth fan I also find it to complement E-Myth Revisited perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, very recommended, 28 July 2014
Probably the best book I've read this year. 100% recommended. It tells lots of eye-opening clues to make your business successful, and the best of all is that it's very easy to read. Instead of the classic "do this, do that", it tells a story split in different chapters with a lesson in each of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 July 2014
Good book to read to all business owners.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 July 2014
Item as described

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply brilliant, 24 Nov 2013
Being an entrepreneur and key person, this really hit home. It is amazing how many people I know who face the same challenge. Even if you don't want to sell, this book is invaluable and will help you build a strong company.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, fantastic read, 8 April 2013
If you are in business and even have not considered selling your business in the future definitely worth reading. Incredibly easy to read as it is a narrative however based on fact. With some great top tips, could not put it down until I finished it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 21 Mar 2013
I couldn't put this book down and read most of it in one late evening session.

I could see almost all of its points in my own business as well as mapping some of the tips to things I've already put in place, which is a great feeling to know I'm already doing most of it right.

This is the best light reading business book I've ever read and will recommend it at any chance I see. Grab a copy now!

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, Just Wow... Just What I Needed To Get Started, 8 April 2012
Mr. K. James - See all my reviews
This is my first book on the idea of building a business that is worth something. John is a very decent writer, and does not mock about. While this is not the most serious book i have read on this topic, it is very good for a beginner to the topic. john teaches you all the fundamentals you need to have a business that is worth something. after reading this book, you will quickly realise that just because a business is profitable, doesn't mean anyone will be willing to buy it. alot of people are making that mistake

John states that in the United states they are over 23 million business in the us and only a few hundred thousand a able to be sold. Even if you business is bringing in over 200 thousand net profit per year, that is not all there is to selling a business. alot of buyers may look at your business, shake their heads and walk away. And it will probably leave you feeling clueless, this book will surely change the way you see things

He uses a bit of a fable to teach you the lessons of what it takes to sell your business, he shows you that sometimes you have to give up big opportunities to make you business sale happen, and much more. it is a quick read that you will most likely love, i know i did

Ken

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, 26 Oct 2011
Steven C (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This book is interesting if you wanna build a business, it helps you setting the right mindset on what of business is easier to sell. This is not a textbook or classic business book. It's more a fictional story of a guy with an advertising company looking into pushing his business further.

Overall the story is well written, interesting and not too long. I only put 4 stars because it's quite centered around the service industry (Advertising agency etc...), and can sometimes miss some more details.

Overall I enjoyed reading it and thanks to the original form of the book I'll probably remember more some ideas than if I read a typical (did I say boring?) business book.

Built To Sell: Creating a business that can thrive without you
Built To Sell: Creating a business that can thrive without you by John Warrillow (Hardcover - 21 July 2011)