5.0 out of 5 stars Change your mind, change your life
I bought this little book on a recommendation from an Internet Marketer. It arrived the other morning, but I didn't get a chance to start reading it until the evening, after I'd finished a couple of private lessons. You know what? By bedtime I'd finished it. Couldn't put it down. That's a cliché, I know, but it happens to be true.

The principles this...
Published on 9 Mar 2011 by Ian Carter

3.0 out of 5 stars Mills & Boon Business Writing
This book is a familiar genre. It irritated me until I realised what to call the genre - romantic business fiction.

Published on 2 Oct 2011 by William Cohen

5.0 out of 5 stars Change your mind, change your life, 9 Mar 2011

The principles this little book enshrines date back to the beginnings of organised religion, I suppose, but that's not so trendy these days, so they're now dressed up as business ideas. However, the foundation is rock-solid.

I always suspected I was on the right track, just not being systematic and methodical about it. This little book has shown me how to pull all the strings together in a very practical way.

I whole-heartedly recommend it to you. Buy it now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Business fable with solid principles, 4 April 2008
Rolf Dobelli "getAbstract" (Switzerland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Go-Giver, The: A Suprising Way of Getting More Than You Expect (Hardcover)
Bob Burg and John David Mann offer a business fable in a familiar mode: A mysterious mentor guides a troubled businessperson to secret truths and fabulous success. The pattern may be well worn, but the principles taught are pretty solid. While it seems unlikely that the quick success the story's characters find is commonly available to all those who live these "laws" based on authenticity and generosity, getAbstract does understand how observing them could make you happier and potentially more effective, and that's already a big step forward. The authors contend that like their hero, Joe, you can make your life sweeter and your success more meaningful by giving to others. Fact or fiction, it is hard to argue with that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reap the benefits of giving. I have...., 10 Feb 2011
This book was recommended by a friend of mine who practises what he preaches in the area of high end real estate. I had been making my way towards giving more than I could ever receive back in terms of the service my company offers to clients.
The results have been life transforming, revenue is up dramatically but more importantly we are genuinely helping people with their problems first and foremost. The profit appears to be on autopilot.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mills & Boon Business Writing, 2 Oct 2011
William Cohen (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

Frank Zappa once said music is spiritual, but the music business is not. Musicians bring huge amounts of joy to millions of people, but the process by which these musicians come to prominence and how much they earn from their work, is rarely fair or pretty. Spiritual values are good, and attempting to marry spiritual and commercial values is a great American preoccupation. But great American TV like the Sopranos, films like American Beauty or plays like Death of a Salesman depict the workings of capitalism in harsher light, which fits more closely with my experience.

Stories are good. Mills & Boon provide entertaining escapist tales of men and women falling in love, but the reality is usually a lot more complex. These authors write well, and their work, which is short and simple, presumably sells. They articulate some spiritual truths/platitudes, which are worth restating when we're suffering the fallout from Enron, News International and the disgraceful behaviour of investment banks. I'm now reading the sequel, which seems a little more grounded.

5.0 out of 5 stars Go-Giver, 25 April 2008
Tami Brady "Tami Brady: Transition-Empowermen... (Calgary, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
If you want to succeed in life, you have to understand the true definition of success. Money is great. Power is wonderful. However, chasing these things assures that you will always be doing so. There will always be someone richer, smarter, and more successful that you have to keep up with. True happiness and real success requires thinking a little differently.

The Go-Giver is the story of an average Joe who's a real go-getter. He's always out to prove himself, always chasing down the next lead. Unfortunately, his results just never seem to equal his efforts.

In hopes of elevating his game, Joe seeks the help of a successful businessman. Serving as a mentor, this man teaches Joe the real tricks in business. The education Joe gains is invaluable. This book sort of reminds me of The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, in an entertaining fictional format.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 10 May 2011
I think the title says it all and it's easy to read too!

Definately in my top 5 business related books of all time.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book HELPS!, 28 Jun 2014
If you're starting in networking get this. It'll set you on the right path. I will be re-reading this many times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 12 May 2014
I bought this book as a way of helping my small buisness, but it applys to life itself. Well worth a read & if your in the direct sales buisness you will learn alot

5.0 out of 5 stars a fascinating book that held my attention form the beginning, 3 May 2014
This book is about changing your mindset about how to take your business and your life to higher levels. Open your mind and enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars An astonishing book..., 18 April 2014
It's only little, it's a story, it's a very quick read...
But it might just be the most important business book you ever come across.
There are only a few books I'd characterise as being (potentially) game- - even life-changing. "The Go-Giver" is certainly heading for the top of that list.
Well worth a few hours of your time.

Go-Giver, The: A Suprising Way of Getting More Than You Expect
Go-Giver, The: A Suprising Way of Getting More Than You Expect by John David Mann (Hardcover - 27 Mar 2008)