5.0 out of 5 stars Nikki
This book is a must for anyone who has unexplained symtoms (especailly where the medical profession don't know the answer). It has an excellent detailed discusssin about how the body holds, and needs to release traumatic events. It also has an excellent CD which tralks you through the exercises.

I'd be interested to know if it helps others!
Published on 8 Nov. 2011 by Nikki

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting
Having been to a 'working with trauma' workshop I thought I would start with this but the CD is not what I expected so may get one of Peter Levine's other books which I think will be more helpful to me.
Published on 8 Jan. 2013 by lynnie09

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikki, 8 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Healing Trauma (Hardcover)

I'd be interested to know if it helps others!

5.0 out of 5 stars A valuable resource, 3 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Healing Trauma: A Pioneering Program for Restoring the Wisdom of Your Body (Paperback)
Working on the basis that trauma disconnects a person with their body, Levine proposes a series of twelve simple exercises to carry out to 'reconnect' and heal trauma. With plenty of supporting information at the beginning, the book feels to the reader who has suffered from trauma - understanding, encouraging and reassuring. This will be a valuable resource to anyone in the process of healing from past trauma, both physical and emotional, when psychological methods can be too heavily based on the mind and thinking. I am glad to have found this book, simple and small enough to carry around with practical solutions to panic. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trauma as a physiological phenomenon, 22 July 2011
This review is from: Healing Trauma (Hardcover)
As a complementary therapist practising reflexology, Reiki and now craniosacral therapy, I bought this practical book after reading "Waking the Tiger" as I have an interest in working with ex-service men and women suffering from post traumatic stress. At present PTSD is treated as a mental problem and very honest and well-meaning attempts are made to "fix" the problem at this level. I have experienced the complete shift a client can make by using bodywork to release trauma, and would recommend this little book to anyone starting out in this field.

5.0 out of 5 stars debilitating and painful symptoms. This book is a life saver, 9 Sept. 2014
An absolute revolution in approaches to healing trauma. Peter Levine has changed my whole perception of my illness. He studied the behaviour of prey animals who, after a brush with death, quickly return to normal, in a way traumatised humans don't. Trauma is a physiological not mental problem, resulting from unexpelled energy trapped in the nervous system. The author discusses the freeze aspect of the fight/flight/freeze response that occurs when we're overwhelmed and lack the resources to move through an event we experience as life threatening. If we don't discharge the torrent of frozen 'survival energy' by shaking it off in some way, it stays with us, over time causing a host of increasingly dramatic, debilitating and painful symptoms. This book is a life saver, providing scientific evidence for what I've felt but have never, until now, been able to explain. My whole body breathed a huge sigh of relief when I started reading the Twelve Phase Healing Programme and I'm very positive about my prognosis.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grundbreaking knowledge in traumawork, 16 Dec. 2010
Lennart Alm (Stockholm, Stockholm Sweden) - See all my reviews
All traumawork starts in the body and goes up to the cortex - the human brain. This book is easy to read for lay persons and a deep source of knowledge for professional therapeuts. Enjoy the wisdom Peter Levine is trying to convey to us.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a wonderful book. As a therapist I encourage my clients ..., 7 July 2014
J. L. Threadgold (London) - See all my reviews
This is a wonderful book. As a therapist I encourage my clients to get hold of this book and work through the exercises. A very safe way of working with Trauma.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bit short but CD probably makes up for that, 5 April 2013
Patricia Worby (Southampton, UK) - See all my reviews
I was a bit disappointed in the length of the book after I nearly bought the original; Healing the Tiger. this is a much shortened version which really relies on watching the CD which I haven't done yet. I will hope to get round to it soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and Informative Read, 28 Jun. 2013
This was very helpful to me for work purposes. It is clearly written and explains the process of trauma very well. It has been very helpful to me when working with my clients.

4.0 out of 5 stars Healing Trauma:, 9 Mar. 2012
I find this book very helpful in m y ongoing studies within my role as a Chaplain. I deal with many 'taruma' situations', and this book helps me deal with them a lot better than perhaps I could have otherwise. It's also good to have the CD with it, as listening can also be very theraputic, as well as a learning tool. Also this book has helped me review, and deal, some trauma that I went through 3-4 years back. I recommend this book for anyone having trauma problems to deal with, whether personally or though their work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Peter Levines work is Life Changing, 17 Jun. 2013
Joanne Tebbutt (UK) - See all my reviews
I have read in an unspoken voice and bits of waking the Tiger. This focuses more on the doing side of his work and is ENORMOUSLY helpful on my journey towards returning to myself. If you have suffered from a single traumatic incident (no matter how small) and don't feel the person you were before or if you have suffered repeated abuse/traumatic episodes this work, aiming to bring you back to a feeling of safety within your own body might just change your life.

Healing Trauma: A Pioneering Program for Restoring the Wisdom of Your Body