Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 June 2008
Some books seem to be like stepping stones, laid down across a 'spiritual territory', that we are seeking to cross as part of our quest for Truth. As readers, we tentatively step from one to another, hoping that at some point, Reality will dawn and we will at last be able to be still and rest in what Is.
This book, "Emptiness Dancing" by Adyashanti, is like the last stone. Once it is 'stepped on' there is the possiblity that Truth will be realised and a place of complete stillness, complete peace reached.
Although the teachings are based on the Zen philosophy, as a true Teacher, Adyashanti leads the reader through the territory to that which lies 'beyond'. He does it in a way that is very readable and easy to relate to. And he doesn't just point to where Truth is, he takes the reader right to it, so that it can not only be found and recognised, but also realised and lived.
on 26 February 2013
I have been meditating & doing spiritual practises for over 40 years. During this time I have read my share of related books. Probably too many. :) I consider this book as one the best. It rings true. It is authentic, goes directly to the essential core, and what's not always found - it is useful!
on 25 February 2014
You can only read so much about spirituality before you can experience Oneness. Life teaches and in itself all spiritual evolution is an experiential one. However this book resonates on such a deep level, that it stirs while reading, culminating in an awakened consciousness, each page is alive with guidance and each word has been written in presence. Like Adyashanti's other titles, it is written in a very down to earth tone of voice. A much loved favourite, and as someone else here has mentioned in their review, it is a wonderful reminder to keep you on track.
on 15 January 2012
Adyashanti is one of the clearest teachers of enlightenment at the moment. He gives detailed directions on the "how to" of enlightenment along with the "what not to do". This book cleared up a lot of mis-understandings I had regarding this subject and I think most readers will find that the pathless path to enlightenment will appear a little less foggy as a result of reading this book. I also recommend a book called THE ONE  along with this, to give that extra bit of clarity on enlightenment, since books like this, with great clarity and clear guidance are what is needed in todays world.
on 20 May 2014
This was recommended by a friend before I went on a meditation weekend. I hadn't read these kind of books or done anything like this before but found this book accessible, easy to read and grasp the concepts. I feel that I got much more for the weekend having read this book. Since then I have read some other titles on enlightenment and I still think this one works well to demystify the concepts and makes a great starting point.
on 15 September 2013
I have used both the End of Your World and Emptiness Dancing since my awakening last year. The former has been a the most useful book I have ever read in terms of keeping me on track - it has given me much of the tools and understanding I needed to stay focused.
More recently however, tools have become less important. I have needed more to absorb the 'energy' of an awakened person without looking to understand the process of dissolution. I have found that Emptiness Dancing gives me this from time to time - when used has he reccommends himself as chapters selected when needed.
The process of dissoluton can often be dark and difficult - especially when identification occurs. I have found that this book often corrects identification with mind simply through the energy level at which he communicates and without creating more problems to 'solve'.
I live in the least 'mentally aware' place on earth with no access in person to anyone awakened - even though this is the case I have found that everything needed to awakened has been given to me through the teachings of Adyashanti and Mooji. I would reccommend this book wholeheartedly to any one considering buying it.
on 4 September 2014
Excellent book. Easy read compared to some spiritual books. I like Ady and believe he is genuine. I am going to purchase more of his stuff. Must read.
on 24 February 2015
This book is one of my favourites! Everything Adyashanti says is wonderful, anything he writes is equally as beautiful.

I definitely recommend this to everyone on the spiritual path.. If you enjoy Eckhart Tolle's teachings, you'll enjoy Adyashanti too.

Buy this book! whatever you do, it is one of the greats!

God bless all the teachings and teachers we have on the planet right now. For books like these which point you to a long forgotten truth... Let it guide you home
on 23 January 2011
A wonderful and nourishing book for anyone even remotely on the path of awakening....straightforward without 'New Age' frills and absolutelly down-to-earth as a spiritual exercise...delivery and price, good, with thanks
on 10 August 2008
Do yourself a favour and buy this book, you won't regret it. He covers all you will ever need to understand enlightenment. It comes at the topic from many different angles to suit all types of readers. Altogether a very good book.