5.0 out of 5 stars Introducing "Emptiness Dancing" by Adyashanti.
Some books seem to be like stepping stones, laid down across a 'spiritual territory', that we are seeking to cross as part of our quest for Truth. As readers, we tentatively step from one to another, hoping that at some point, Reality will dawn and we will at last be able to be still and rest in what Is.
This book, "Emptiness Dancing" by Adyashanti, is like the last...
Published on 7 Jun. 2008 by Neti

3.0 out of 5 stars All opinons are equally valid...
... is one of the points Adyashanti makes in the book which struck a cord with me and which I've since been conscious of keeping in mind as much as possible - ironically, except when rating books on amazon it seems. In general a lot of what is written in the book made good sense to me, albeit in quite a superficial way.

Throughout the book the author (Adya)...
Published 18 months ago by Aaron

5.0 out of 5 stars Introducing "Emptiness Dancing" by Adyashanti., 7 Jun. 2008
This review is from: Emptiness Dancing (Paperback)
This book, "Emptiness Dancing" by Adyashanti, is like the last stone. Once it is 'stepped on' there is the possiblity that Truth will be realised and a place of complete stillness, complete peace reached.
Although the teachings are based on the Zen philosophy, as a true Teacher, Adyashanti leads the reader through the territory to that which lies 'beyond'. He does it in a way that is very readable and easy to relate to. And he doesn't just point to where Truth is, he takes the reader right to it, so that it can not only be found and recognised, but also realised and lived.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the clearest teachers of enlightenment, 15 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Emptiness Dancing (Paperback)
Adyashanti is one of the clearest teachers of enlightenment at the moment. He gives detailed directions on the "how to" of enlightenment along with the "what not to do". This book cleared up a lot of mis-understandings I had regarding this subject and I think most readers will find that the pathless path to enlightenment will appear a little less foggy as a result of reading this book. I also recommend a book called THE ONE along with this, to give that extra bit of clarity on enlightenment, since books like this, with great clarity and clear guidance are what is needed in todays world.

4.0 out of 5 stars Only when the heart is open does Being Dance, 25 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Emptiness Dancing (Kindle Edition)
You can only read so much about spirituality before you can experience Oneness. Life teaches and in itself all spiritual evolution is an experiential one. However this book resonates on such a deep level, that it stirs while reading, culminating in an awakened consciousness, each page is alive with guidance and each word has been written in presence. Like Adyashanti's other titles, it is written in a very down to earth tone of voice. A much loved favourite, and as someone else here has mentioned in their review, it is a wonderful reminder to keep you on track.

5.0 out of 5 stars Speaks Loudly., 18 Sept. 2013
Mr. P. Linehan "Patrick" (thailand) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Emptiness Dancing (Paperback)
I have been through different stages of my spiritual journey and I have read a lot of books. At different stages I had different 'favourites' - Power of Now, New Earth, Love's Quite Revolution but this book of Adyashanti is my real real favourite. So much so I have shelved all the others and now keep just this one and Falling into Grace on my desk. I read it every day ... it is a wonderful book that speaks to me personally.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 26 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Emptiness Dancing (Kindle Edition)
I have been meditating & doing spiritual practises for over 40 years. During this time I have read my share of related books. Probably too many. :) I consider this book as one the best. It rings true. It is authentic, goes directly to the essential core, and what's not always found - it is useful!

4.0 out of 5 stars Enlightening, 20 May 2014
This review is from: Emptiness Dancing (Paperback)
This was recommended by a friend before I went on a meditation weekend. I hadn't read these kind of books or done anything like this before but found this book accessible, easy to read and grasp the concepts. I feel that I got much more for the weekend having read this book. Since then I have read some other titles on enlightenment and I still think this one works well to demystify the concepts and makes a great starting point.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book. Easy read compared to some spiritual books, 4 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Emptiness Dancing (Paperback)
Excellent book. Easy read compared to some spiritual books. I like Ady and believe he is genuine. I am going to purchase more of his stuff. Must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best!, 24 Feb. 2015
Ricki (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Emptiness Dancing (Paperback)
This book is one of my favourites! Everything Adyashanti says is wonderful, anything he writes is equally as beautiful.

I definitely recommend this to everyone on the spiritual path.. If you enjoy Eckhart Tolle's teachings, you'll enjoy Adyashanti too.

Buy this book! whatever you do, it is one of the greats!

God bless all the teachings and teachers we have on the planet right now. For books like these which point you to a long forgotten truth... Let it guide you home

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 23 Jan. 2011
Mr. A. G. Roeber (Malvern, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Emptiness Dancing (Paperback)
A wonderful and nourishing book for anyone even remotely on the path of awakening....straightforward without 'New Age' frills and absolutelly down-to-earth as a spiritual exercise...delivery and price, good, with thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Plain & Simple Truth, 10 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Emptiness Dancing (Paperback)
Do yourself a favour and buy this book, you won't regret it. He covers all you will ever need to understand enlightenment. It comes at the topic from many different angles to suit all types of readers. Altogether a very good book.

Emptiness Dancing
Emptiness Dancing by Adyashanti (Paperback - 30 Jun. 2006)