5.0 out of 5 stars Introducing "Emptiness Dancing" by Adyashanti.
Some books seem to be like stepping stones, laid down across a 'spiritual territory', that we are seeking to cross as part of our quest for Truth. As readers, we tentatively step from one to another, hoping that at some point, Reality will dawn and we will at last be able to be still and rest in what Is.
This book, "Emptiness Dancing" by Adyashanti, is like the last...
Published on 7 Jun 2008 by Neti

3.0 out of 5 stars All opinons are equally valid...
... is one of the points Adyashanti makes in the book which struck a cord with me and which I've since been conscious of keeping in mind as much as possible - ironically, except when rating books on amazon it seems. In general a lot of what is written in the book made good sense to me, albeit in quite a superficial way.

Throughout the book the author (Adya)...
Published 6 months ago by Aaron

5.0 out of 5 stars Introducing "Emptiness Dancing" by Adyashanti., 7 Jun 2008
This review is from: Emptiness Dancing (Paperback)
This book, "Emptiness Dancing" by Adyashanti, is like the last stone. Once it is 'stepped on' there is the possiblity that Truth will be realised and a place of complete stillness, complete peace reached.
Although the teachings are based on the Zen philosophy, as a true Teacher, Adyashanti leads the reader through the territory to that which lies 'beyond'. He does it in a way that is very readable and easy to relate to. And he doesn't just point to where Truth is, he takes the reader right to it, so that it can not only be found and recognised, but also realised and lived.

3.0 out of 5 stars All opinons are equally valid..., 5 Oct 2013
This review is from: Emptiness Dancing (Paperback)

Throughout the book the author (Adya) tells us what life was like before enlightenment, the moment he became enlightened, how his perception of life changed once enlightened and in general, letting us know how an enlightened person goes about their daily life.

Some people may find this refreshing as very few - and none that I've read about - enlightened masters even claim to be enlightened let alone spend a good chunk of a book telling the reader all about about it, repeatedly.
As for me I perceived it to be egotistical ramblings and as a result the majority of the book lost any real depth / insight.

However, even without this I may have been biased against the book as I purchased it hoping to learn more about the Buddhist teachings on Emptiness - as implied in the title? - and instead got nothing of the sort. Even the word "emptiness" is barely written.

That's my opinion but if others claim this book to be tremendously insightful / inspiring, helped change their lives and that Adyashanti is the most profound yet humble person they've had the pleasure to read about, I would say to them that their opinion is equally as valid as mine - I really did takes some positives from the book if not the man.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the clearest teachers of enlightenment, 15 Jan 2012
This review is from: Emptiness Dancing (Paperback)
Adyashanti is one of the clearest teachers of enlightenment at the moment. He gives detailed directions on the "how to" of enlightenment along with the "what not to do". This book cleared up a lot of mis-understandings I had regarding this subject and I think most readers will find that the pathless path to enlightenment will appear a little less foggy as a result of reading this book. I also recommend a book called THE ONE along with this, to give that extra bit of clarity on enlightenment, since books like this, with great clarity and clear guidance are what is needed in todays world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 26 Feb 2013
This review is from: Emptiness Dancing (Kindle Edition)
I have been meditating & doing spiritual practises for over 40 years. During this time I have read my share of related books. Probably too many. :) I consider this book as one the best. It rings true. It is authentic, goes directly to the essential core, and what's not always found - it is useful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 23 Jan 2011
Mr. A. G. Roeber (Malvern, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Emptiness Dancing (Paperback)
A wonderful and nourishing book for anyone even remotely on the path of awakening....straightforward without 'New Age' frills and absolutelly down-to-earth as a spiritual exercise...delivery and price, good, with thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Plain & Simple Truth, 10 Aug 2008
This review is from: Emptiness Dancing (Paperback)
Do yourself a favour and buy this book, you won't regret it. He covers all you will ever need to understand enlightenment. It comes at the topic from many different angles to suit all types of readers. Altogether a very good book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Only when the heart is open does Being Dance, 25 Feb 2014
This review is from: Emptiness Dancing (Kindle Edition)
You can only read so much about spirituality before you can experience Oneness. Life teaches and in itself all spiritual evolution is an experiential one. However this book resonates on such a deep level, that it stirs while reading, culminating in an awakened consciousness, each page is alive with guidance and each word has been written in presence. Like Adyashanti's other titles, it is written in a very down to earth tone of voice. A much loved favourite, and as someone else here has mentioned in their review, it is a wonderful reminder to keep you on track.

5.0 out of 5 stars Speaks Loudly., 18 Sep 2013
Mr. P. Linehan "Patrick" (thailand) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Emptiness Dancing (Paperback)
I have been through different stages of my spiritual journey and I have read a lot of books. At different stages I had different 'favourites' - Power of Now, New Earth, Love's Quite Revolution but this book of Adyashanti is my real real favourite. So much so I have shelved all the others and now keep just this one and Falling into Grace on my desk. I read it every day ... it is a wonderful book that speaks to me personally.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, 15 Sep 2013
This review is from: Emptiness Dancing (Kindle Edition)
I have used both the End of Your World and Emptiness Dancing since my awakening last year. The former has been a the most useful book I have ever read in terms of keeping me on track - it has given me much of the tools and understanding I needed to stay focused.
More recently however, tools have become less important. I have needed more to absorb the 'energy' of an awakened person without looking to understand the process of dissolution. I have found that Emptiness Dancing gives me this from time to time - when used has he reccommends himself as chapters selected when needed.
The process of dissoluton can often be dark and difficult - especially when identification occurs. I have found that this book often corrects identification with mind simply through the energy level at which he communicates and without creating more problems to 'solve'.
I live in the least 'mentally aware' place on earth with no access in person to anyone awakened - even though this is the case I have found that everything needed to awakened has been given to me through the teachings of Adyashanti and Mooji. I would reccommend this book wholeheartedly to any one considering buying it.

5.0 out of 5 stars sparkling clarity, 1 Nov 2010
This review is from: Emptiness Dancing (Paperback)
This is an amazing book. I keep it by my bed along with A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle and Loving What Is by Byron Katie. The what, why and how complete set.

ARRAY(0xab49b744)

Emptiness Dancing
Emptiness Dancing by Adyashanti (Paperback - 30 Jun 2006)
17.99