Blessings of the Cosmos
Format: HardcoverChange
Price:£16.00+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 18 April 2007
I know of nowhere else other than this book (and others by Douglas-Klotz) where we can discover what Jesus actually said. It is almost like a commentary, as if the scripture as we know it was being explained, it gives a new depth and clarity to the gospels.

A word to the wise, however. Neil Douglas-Klotz writes from a mystical spirituality, talking about the cosmos and the universe in a way that some more conservative Christians may find uncomfortable. He avoids calling God "God", and insists on calling Jesus "Yeshua". This may well be more accurate, but some Christians I know may interpret this as a bit too rebellious. But even if you are not into "body prayers" and such, I would urge you to discard any aspect of his writing you find uncomfortable and focus on the key elements, the fantastically revealing translation of the original Aramaic into the confines of the English language.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 6 November 2010
I listen to audio meditations most days,and I find them calming ,and helpful.I do feel they enable that feeling of a Divine contact.The interpretation of Jesus's prayers e.t.c into the aramaic language[which was the language of the time] is very poetic, and Neil Douglas Klotz provides a different view of meanings in the Bible.It is all very loving ,non-judgemental and beautiful.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again