Format: Audio CD|Change

on 4 February 2002
With no deviation from the aim, this tape guided me through the understanding, examination and practice of self acceptance. I felt that the first lesson was written just for me and would expect all readers to feel the same. Tara talks about self acceptance in a modern day setting and draws insightful parallels with Buddhist teachings. This answered my big question - "Can Buddhism work in my real day-to-day life". I listen to the first lesson each time I feel disconnected and it helps me steer my way back on course and feel at peace with myself and the world around.
If you have an interest in Buddhism and feel uncomfortable with modern life or just want a practical introduction to the Buddhist way then get this book. I cannot recommend this highly enough.
on 7 July 2013
It is always great to find out how others deal with the so common issues of lack of self acceptance. Tara has a smooth and calming voice that guides and directs an attentive listerner thought a beautiful journey of self acceptance. Defiantly recommend
on 29 January 2012
Let us just give thanks for Tara Brach and a wonderful CD with practical meditation that work.

The deep and ancient techniques are presented in an unfussy and let's get started kind of way, that works for me.
on 26 August 2014
This is the first time I haven't drifted into sleep during a meditation. With a deeply relaxed manner about herself it seems to have a similar effect on myself as I listened. Am glad to have purchased it.
on 13 July 2014