Format: Spiral-bound|Change

on 23 November 2009
My 4-year old daughter had a lot of fun drawing the different thumb figures in this book. This book is great as it coaches your child with little skill but a lot of imagination to achieve great results.
on 5 November 2010
This is another really good Klutz book. This one is suitable for slightly younger ages than most of the other Klutz books (suitable from around 6 years, whereas the others are more from 8 years)
on 4 January 2010
I bought 3 of these books for a 4, 7 and 12 year old. They all loved it, making pages and pages of really lovely drawings! Even the little 4 year old was proud of her efforts and rightly so! If you are buying as a gift I would recommend buying a sketch pad to go with it as there isnt enough space in the book to do more than one of each character. Overall, these were a huge hit! I would also add that I have purchased many of the Klutz products and every one is well made and used quality materials.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 24 November 2013
It seems to me that the reviews on this page are all mixed up for different Klutz books. My review is for Eye Find: A Picture Puzzle Book (Klutz Chicken Socks)- It is a brilliant picture puzzle book. I bought it for my nearly 9 year old who has Autism and that kept him occupied for quite a long time, which is excellent as he does not have a long attention span. What he really liked was the Night Vision torch. This was brilliant. The only thing that I wish is that the little pocket to keep the tools in could be a little bit larger as it is not easy to take out the tools without bending them. An adult would not damage them, but a small child might take them out in a hurry and therefore, bend them or break them.
There are quite a lot things to find on each pages, and quite small objects, so, I am not sure if would suit a toddler, but I think 5+ would be fine with it.
This is a book that I will keep in mind when I need to buy a gift for a child. For some reason, I find it more ''boys orientated'' than girls but it might be because of the drawings. But obviously, can be for both.
on 1 August 2009
kept my little boy (age 3) busy for ages over several days in his 'den' (ie behind a chair away from baby brother). You get a magnifying glass to find hinden objects in pictures, a blue filter which lets you see hidden pictures, and a white card 'torch' to put behind dark plastic which has hidden picturs. Each page has a fold out flap with a list of things to find. wonderful holiday entertainment
on 5 January 2011
Out of all the presents my 8 year old son received for Christmas (and we are talking of a bright boy here who loves computers, along with chess and piano), this was the present he wanted to play with when everything else was opened Christmas morning (actually he wanted to play with it straight away but we encouraged him to open other things first). He couldn't put it down, so was entertained for several hours; he even had everyone else 'having a go' too. Okay we had avoided what he really wanted on his list to Santa e.g. ipad, laptop etc and I have no doubt that these would have taken the shine off the Thumb Doodle kit - but it just goes to show that kids who are into the high-tech world can go back to the basics and still be absorbed. (Just in case we seem a bit mean and only gave him stocking fillers please note that he did get a junior pool table, a crossbow, music software and other boys toys which you would expect to have more pulling power.) He has asked for more of the Thumb Doodle kits; I think they're probably great kept for taking along on boring family visits, out on casual meals (with a bag of babywipes!)and for rainy days (keep the little ones away from the computer nanny and TV for a while).
on 3 January 2010
This is a great book form Klutz Chicken socks series. As with all the chicken socks series the pages are made of semi cardboard and therefore quite robust. The pack comes with three cardboard tools to allow you to find the objects you are required to in each section. There is a magnifying tool to search for little things on the pages that require that. A blue clear plastic finder to search for hidden images in that section and our favourite, a "torchlight" made of card in the shape of a torch with a white cardboard "beam" to find objects hidden on the pages that have a black plastic transparency over them.You slide the "torch" between the page and the black transparency to "light up" the hidden images you need to find .The tools come in a zip up plastic case attached to the book's spiral binding so it doesn't get lost.
I bought this to take on holiday for my just turned 7 year old and he enjoyed the book (he found the hidden images too easy)but liked the other two sections. I am sure younger children from about three upwards would be perfectly able to manage and really like this book. It is very well made and attractive.
I often buy chicken socks books as gifts and they are always well received.
on 14 December 2010
Bought for my son (6yrs)for christmas..know hes gonna love it. Hes very much into drawing at the moment and this is a great fun way to introduce different ways of drawing. Had a look through and some fantastic ideas.Again as most Klutz books it comes with the materials and there are pages inside to practice your art. I cant praise Klutz books enough, they are fantastic... cant wait to see him open it... Would definatly buy more as gifts for his friends..it looks like a great gift x
on 19 October 2009
This book is brilliant at keeping little boys busy just when you need them to be, I've taken it along to restaurants, and used it on car journeys. The three searching tools are neatly hinged together and kept in a clear pouch on the front, they each have different uses throughout the book - the torch pages are similar to the Let's Look at Dinosaurs/Animals Underground Torchlight books (which are also great books for boys). There's lots of things to find, and it's generally thought of as a 'cool book' in our household. I've also given these as gifts at parties, and had great feedback. Chicken Socks as a whole tend to do lovely original books.
on 20 February 2013
Brilliant, my 3 year old son loves it, works perfectly, the little sachet at the front is excellent to put away the tools so they don't get lost, great idea to keep all three tools fastened together. Little book so it is handy to take away when you go out for dinner for example and keep your son busy and enterained for a while.